Home

Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN.

This is a discussion on Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN.

I've had this game since its release, and as i continue to play this great football title i'm simply amazed that im still able to see new things (cutscenes, animations, etc...) every now and then. I'm in Season 2 (week 3) of my Bucs franchise and im about to play Green Bay in Lambeau Field...in the pouring rain. I was SHOCKED to see opening sequence of the game as they showed the street sign that was named after Brett Favre. I was so shocked because i was watching the Seahawks and Packers play this past monday night and they showed a close up of the same street sign in the EXACT same fashion.
It was just cool to see cuz i've never seen that before.
We were both undefeated at 2-0 so it just added to the drama.

Anyways, its late in the 4th with 2:38 left to go, I'm down 21-17 and i'm back to recieve a punt as the packers went 3 and out. So this is possibly my last opportunity to score and take the lead. Did i mention it was pouring rain??? I had Hubert Ortiz (a rookie speedster i picked up in the draft) back to recieve the punt. Caught the punt, proceeded to run to my left, then as the defender took the bait, I quickly moved Ortiz to the right to try and run the opposite way.....but as Ortiz made the quick cut to the right, i saw him do an animation where he slipped and started to run in place to try and keep his balance.......as he was attempting to keep his balance, another defender came in and stripped the ball away and before i figured out what just happened, Green Bay recovered the fumble. The announcers then said something to the effect that Ortiz tried to get a little too fancy there in these bad weather conditions and said because of that, he may have costed his team any chance of comming back for the victory...which he did. I was pissed, but amazed at the same time. I've never seen that slipping animation before nor have i heard that commentary. I would have jumped out of my seat if he would have said anything about that being a "rookie mistake".

There are STILL some cutscenes that i have yet to see that I have read here on these boards....such as the one with the oxygen mask after a long TD run.....I continue to be amazed at the level of detail put into this game.
I can deal with all the flaws (although I'm glad that i don't see as much as other people do) ....this game still feels "fresh" even after almost a month of playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN.

yep, and it is those little things that make the over all experience un like any other football game !!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:21 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

People can say what they want about this game, but for me, it's the most fun I have had playing football video games ever.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
People can say what they want about this game, but for me, it's the most fun I have had playing football video games ever.
Amen - warts and all, this is just the most organic sports game this side of Winning Eleven 7.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
WOW!! BK, 'ats a pretty bold statement...but i gotta agree with ya!

I'm havin' a BLAST
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 01:03 PM   #6
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

same here best game. I don't get many of the problems that the other people get, like so far i've only had two clipping penalty's against me and they were both on punts so i didn't really care if it said my guy had minus 8 yards. Plus i can overlook the flaws.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:09 PM   #7
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Yep. This game continues to amaze me everytime I play it. You just seem to get the overall experience of a real football game. I was playing against the Bengals the other night and Jon Kitna was at QB. He was rolling out to his right when all of sudden he just falls to the ground. Apparently while rolling out, Jon Kitna injured his leg right in the middle of the play. It looked like his leg just gave out. A second later you see him down on the ground holding is leg and grunting in pain. He was done for the game. He was able get off the field with the help of the trainers instead of being carted off. I had to save that replay. I couldn't believe what I had just saw. Good stuff.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I gotta agree with the threads title, something new pops up everytime I play this most excellent game, even with its sometimes strange gameplay issues its still unlike any football game I've ever played its just simply awesome bar none.

Holla Back ya'll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »