Home

The downloadable patch is out!

This is a discussion on The downloadable patch is out! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:30 AM   #73
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The downloadable patch is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Isn't it 'welfare?'

oops.....My bad....lol :y4:
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-19-2004, 12:31 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 18

hey hey hey...dont go making fun of welfare, not just anybody can get it...

so its kind of exclusive
Old 08-19-2004, 12:43 AM   #75
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Nonsense. You are not paying for a continuing service with ESPN NFL, you are paying for a disk. With flaws, as any piece of software has. You want clipping fixed, someone else wants better trade AI, someone else wants different DB AI.
What does fixing a bug in a game have to do with continuing service? I don't get it, because it's a console game I should live with it? If they can fix bugs in a console game, all companies should do this. The clipping bug is not an opinionated bug. It's cut and dry, while the trade AI is matter of preference.

Quote:
Name a PC game company that sends out disks of it's patches if you can't download it.
I don't think any do anymore, but years ago you could get them via magazines. I know that costs money, but you could still get the patches. I'm not asking for a disk, just make the same file available online.

Quote:
Now I'm confused. Requiring XBL (free with the included trial) is criminal, but requiring a third-party unauthorized memory card device which costs more than the game itself is fine?
Free until your 2 months run out, then if you don't cancel, you're charged $50 a year. They take advantage of the UN-authorized card device to pimp rosters, maybe not directly, but their sales go up from games like NCAA with these adapters available and they know this. I'll say this again, I can afford LIVE, but what's the harm of making the file available online? The roster file for Madden was available for download, why not the ESPN update?

I'm not even at the point of calling it 'criminal', in fact it's rather funny defending my stance on the matter. I'm all for the AR download, that's it - I never said we should get golden CD's shipped to our house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
First of all you're comparing apples to oranges. Second of all the game company isn't charging you for an update. Third of all the only non-online fix is the clipping fix, so I Am sure making it available offline really makes little sense financially.

And finally like Fievel said, how many game companies send out patches on CD for people with out internet access.

This is a dumb argument, if you're not online, then this patch really doesn't do anything for you but fix the clipping stat bug.
Making it available via .zip file has nothing to do with finances. Microsoft makes CD's (albeit a shipping charge) available with SP's on them to fix their OS's... but again that's not what I'm wanting. I would like the clipping stat bug fixed, but I can turn it off. It would just be nice if, like rosters, I could download the file to my AR and use it that way. If Microsoft had an AR type peripheral, my issue would be moot.

I'll have Live next month and all I want right now is the clipping bug fixed.

Todd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 12:43 AM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davel23
Why is Official Xbox Rosters acceptable for download on this site but official patches aren't? Both require Xbox Live to download.
I believe it also requires the XBL installer, and the files aren't saved to the game-save portion of your HD.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:58 AM   #77
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I believe it also requires the XBL installer, and the files aren't saved to the game-save portion of your HD.
Could make all this typing wasted keystrokes. That's probably the issue with the clipping fix as well. There's probably some code in the XBL installer that goes with the fix, but I know nothing about XBL besides reading articles on the net.

Todd
Old 08-19-2004, 01:11 AM   #78
Rookie

Darkbandit's Arena

OVR: 4

Anyone else finding this kind of weird that its all going on over a football game? If it was something off the wall that not many people would care about, there might not be as much uproar.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:28 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

sorry if this question has been answered before but if i download the patch and it fixes hte clipping gltich, would my franchise that i have already started incorporate the fix? wat iam saying is would hte clipping gltich be fixed in my already started franchise? or do i have to start another
Old 08-19-2004, 01:47 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 6

Can anyone confirm what offline issues this patch fixes. I assume the clipping glitch is fixed for offline play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »