Home

The downloadable patch is out!

This is a discussion on The downloadable patch is out! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: The downloadable patch is out!

I don't know about you guys but I am going to continue to wait until Sega finally gets a clue and starts producing update game disks that you can simply pop into your Xbox to fix bugs, glitches, and add extras like roster updates and added commentary and cut scenes. It is complete crap that you are forced to join a damned online gaming service just to get an already paid for CORRECTED version of the game. This is virtual extortion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #26
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

it's all about the mula man $$$$

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just to make sure I understand...

This will ONLY patch games that are played online.

Is that everyone's understanding? I really don't see how they can add a patch to a game when you're playing offline. But maybe I'm wrong, it's happened once or twice before. ;-)

If it does patch offline games as well, it may be worth a Xbox Live subscription for a month or two.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:35 PM   #28
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
I don't know about you guys but I am going to continue to wait until Sega finally gets a clue and starts producing update game disks that you can simply pop into your Xbox to fix bugs, glitches, and add extras like roster updates and added commentary and cut scenes. It is complete crap that you are forced to join a damned online gaming service just to get an already paid for CORRECTED version of the game. This is virtual extortion.

i think your point is valid if the patch does infact address OFFLINE issues. I understand the paying customers only side of it as well and that would lead more into a debate of if the patch is an "upgrade" or if it is actually a fix to know bugs and problems(which is what the faq implies)...
Again , this may only address ONLINE problems , so i wouldn't get too excited about it anyway
Old 08-18-2004, 05:43 PM   #29
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
next year VC will name it ESPN NFL Football 2k6.0
Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Xbox Live is a pay service. part of what you are paying for is downloads and patches. if you do not choose to pay, I don't understand complaining that you can't get access to the for-pay contect.

I don't pay for Showtime. Should I post about how unfair it is that I can't see their boxing broadcasts?
Right !!

And you are also paying for a DSL line. DSL is not available everywhere. THAT was my point . . .

Just forget it . . .

Ohio State Buckeyes
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Lakers
Cincinnati Reds

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." - Ted Knight (Judge Smails) in Caddyshack.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #31
Rookie

Davel23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Xbox Live is a pay service. part of what you are paying for is downloads and patches. if you do not choose to pay, I don't understand complaining that you can't get access to the for-pay contect.

I don't pay for Showtime. Should I post about how unfair it is that I can't see their boxing broadcasts?

Do PS2 owners have to pay for their sevice? If they do then I agree with your statement. If not then Xbox owners should be able to have the same content without having to pay (via the download section of this site). The Official EA XBox roster is available for Madden. Wouldn't that be catagorized as XBOX live downloadable content? I know it won't change anything but that's how I feel.

Last edited by Davel23; 08-18-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 06:01 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davel23
Do PS2 owners have to pay for their sevice? If they do then I agree with your statement. If not then Xbox owners should be able to have the same content without having to pay (via the download section of this site). I know it won't change anything but that's how I feel.
PS2 is free for online. That's one reason I havent got an XBOX and dont play to. Does anyone know if this patch is for PS2 also?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »