Home

Preseason in Visual simulator mode

This is a discussion on Preseason in Visual simulator mode within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

paysworld's Arena

OVR: 8
Preseason in Visual simulator mode

Don’t blast me if this has been already mentioned, somewhere. Preseason as we all can attest to in ESPN 2k5 is pretty much worthless, first of all, all the trades that occur is ridiculous, and coupled that with the fact that computer does not sub in their second and third stringers in preseason. One would be hard pressed to find anyone willing to waste their time.

But lo and behold, when you actually used the visual gamecast, which by the way is an under appreciated feature, both your team and computer is subbed, mind you it’s done impressively well, first preseason, Michael Vick played the whole first quarter, then Ty Detmer came in for the 2nd and hird quarter and Matt Schaub, finished off the game. 2nd and 3rd preseason game Vick plays the whole first half and Ty detmer comes and plays the third quarter and Matt Schaub plays the fourth quarter. The final preseason game, Michael Vick played the entire game.
I thought this aspect of the visual simulator was extremely well done in respect to the preseason, so my first preseason once I seen Ty Detmer in there for Mike Vick, I decided to jump in, much to my dismay, once you start playing the game it reverts back to the starters on both side.
Come on VC, I guess they ran out of time with this aspect of the game, never the less, I was extremely pleased with the visual simulator, it’s kind of cool seeing what your back ups can do, and obviouusly, every back up played which was cool in it self. Hopefully, next year preseason gets fleshed out a lot more, but in the mean, I ‘ll be simulating my preseason, with his cool as heck feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Preseason in Visual simulator mode

I have a question about the visual simulator mode. It appears to be an interesting feature but do you have to come up with a whole set of sliders to use it or does it simulate purely on player ratings and team ratings? I get excellent results just simulating the preseason games and in fact I have given the computer full control of my franchise and I just play with the players the computer gives me. I like how the computer signs more than 54 players and then cuts down the roster after the preseason. I just figured with all the problems people have had with the franchise mode that to make all things equal I would let the computer control my team and i am enjoying the results so far.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paysworld
Don’t blast me if this has been already mentioned, somewhere. Preseason as we all can attest to in ESPN 2k5 is pretty much worthless, first of all, all the trades that occur is ridiculous, and coupled that with the fact that computer does not sub in their second and third stringers in preseason. One would be hard pressed to find anyone willing to waste their time.

But lo and behold, when you actually used the visual gamecast, which by the way is an under appreciated feature, both your team and computer is subbed, mind you it’s done impressively well, first preseason, Michael Vick played the whole first quarter, then Ty Detmer came in for the 2nd and hird quarter and Matt Schaub, finished off the game. 2nd and 3rd preseason game Vick plays the whole first half and Ty detmer comes and plays the third quarter and Matt Schaub plays the fourth quarter. The final preseason game, Michael Vick played the entire game.
I thought this aspect of the visual simulator was extremely well done in respect to the preseason, so my first preseason once I seen Ty Detmer in there for Mike Vick, I decided to jump in, much to my dismay, once you start playing the game it reverts back to the starters on both side.
Come on VC, I guess they ran out of time with this aspect of the game, never the less, I was extremely pleased with the visual simulator, it’s kind of cool seeing what your back ups can do, and obviouusly, every back up played which was cool in it self. Hopefully, next year preseason gets fleshed out a lot more, but in the mean, I ‘ll be simulating my preseason, with his cool as heck feature.
I find it odd that starters would come back in. One thing, did you notice if the cpu backups stayed in? If they did, you could just manually put in your second string and all would be good.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

paysworld's Arena

OVR: 8

That's the thing, when you jump in, it's like you're starting the game, both offensive and defensive starters are in. Thst's a bummer
Old 08-19-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4

I noticed that too! If you jump in the game, you start with the first string as does the CPU. Also if you allow the CPU to adjust your roster during preseason, it will put the player that is winning the position battle in as a starter.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »