Home

Best game(s) you've had...

This is a discussion on Best game(s) you've had... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 02:45 AM   #1
patriots12

OVR:
Best game(s) you've had...

I just had a great game at Gillette Stadium against the Bengals...

Score per Quarter
1st :: 7-0 CIN
2nd :: 10-3 CIN
3rd :: 3-0 NE
4th :: 10-7 CIN
Final :: 20-13 CIN

Total Yards
CIN :: 200
NE :: 292

Passing Yards
CIN :: 128
NE :: 188

Rushing Yards
CIN :: 72
NE :: 104

Passing Plays
CIN :: 21
NE :: 28

Running Plays
CIN :: 15
NE :: 24

Turnovers
CIN :: 0
NE :: 2

Time of Possession
CIN :: 11:21
NE :: 16:39

I was up 13-10 late in the 4th quarter when the Bengals tied the game on a Graham FG. After a 4th-and-inches gamble and a few plays later, I was in Cincinnati's territory, but threw an interception with 32 seconds left that was returned for a TD (can't remember who)... I was down 20-13, 3rd and 10 on my 20, intercepted again (by the same player I think), this time I managed to tackle him (albeit, inside the red zone), but with only had one timeout left (lost one on a challenge and took one to rest my defense on the same drive CIN tied the game), all Palmer had to do was take a knee twice to kill the final 11 seconds and give me a 20-13 loss.

For anyone interested, both Vinatieri and Graham were 2-for-2 in FGs, Dillon scored my only TD, and Chad Johnson had the Bengals only TD on the offensive side of the ball.

Also, I played 7 minute quarters on All-Pro with Dan's recent slider settings with just a few modifications (lowered the fumble, kicking, and cpu/player catching sliders).

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 03:18 AM   #2
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Best game(s) you've had...

played on all-pro cardinals vs patriots. First time i ever played the patriots i was blown out like 44 to 10 or something like that. but i later on restarted my franchise. anyways started off horribly throwing a pick, but my defense held up. anyways in the late 3rd qtr or early 4th qtr patriots burn my db's for a huge play and score to take the lead by a touchdown. i march down field using up all the time. so anyways i'm on my goalline with about 9 seconds left and its 4th down and i have no timeouts. the pats had already stuffed me 3 times but i luckily get into the endzone, and we head to overtime. i win the toss march down field. i got stopped on a crucial third down, and choose to kick a 48 yard field goal with about 3 to 6 mph winds.

anyways that minute right there was so tense, and i was so nervous, i barely made the kick inside the post to win the game. but it was cool. i felt like i was actually a player or coach, because i was so nervous, and yet it was only a video game.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best game(s) you've had...

Playing with the Bears, lost 28-24 to Tampa in Tampa with 17 points scored and three lead changes in the least two minutes and 30 seconds. I scored with 2:25 left to tie, then a FG with 1:01 to go to take the lead and Tampa scored a TD with :12 to go for the win. Painful but fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »