Home

Have you.......

This is a discussion on Have you....... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Have you.......

noticed it's impossibe to get a decent return on kickoffs?

I've never gotten past my own 40 on a kickoff. Sliders don't effect this either.

This has to be fixed for 2k6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Have you.......

Ask the Bucs (the real life team) how difficult it is.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

never have gotten past the 25 or 30 on punts or kickoffs...nothing there is no coverage on kicks or punts....its frustrating X100
Old 08-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
noticed it's impossibe to get a decent return on kickoffs?

I've never gotten past my own 40 on a kickoff. Sliders don't effect this either.

This has to be fixed for 2k6.
I have returned 3 punts in like 2 1/2 seasons. I have broke 1 TD return on a kickoff - endzone to endzone.

I am playing with the Bears, so this might be accurate... But, after playing 2 seasons I feel like I am better at returning kicks/punts. So, I don't know that I am ready to say it's a bad thing. It seems as if there is a bit of a learning curve, cause I have been able to get better returns by finding the right seams and following blocking. I think that's pretty true to the NFL.. Sometimes it's breaking that one tackle that opens you up to the extra yardage.

I haven't thought about that... But I wonder what the BreakTackle rating is for my returnman. I wonder if putting a better tacklebreaker might be a key to getting better returns.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoracioJones
I have returned 3 punts in like 2 1/2 seasons. I have broke 1 TD return on a kickoff - endzone to endzone.

I am playing with the Bears, so this might be accurate... But, after playing 2 seasons I feel like I am better at returning kicks/punts. So, I don't know that I am ready to say it's a bad thing. It seems as if there is a bit of a learning curve, cause I have been able to get better returns by finding the right seams and following blocking. I think that's pretty true to the NFL.. Sometimes it's breaking that one tackle that opens you up to the extra yardage.

I haven't thought about that... But I wonder what the BreakTackle rating is for my returnman. I wonder if putting a better tacklebreaker might be a key to getting better returns.
Break tackles IS very important. Speed too. I have Onterrio Smith as my KR/PR. On Kick offs the best I've done is the opponents 48 but on PR's he's had 3 TD's in 2 seasons. But yeah like you said, it's being able to break that one tackle and hope you have a lane to run (speed) through has been my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd rather have KR/PR's be harder than they should be than easier.

I don't think I've ever had the CPU return a Punt or Kickoff on me.

It seems alot harder to break tackles on returns, most likely because of the speed of the incoming tacklers. In most running situations you are able to shake tacklers easier.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #7
Banned

I've returned a kick with Bethal (sp?) Johnson on the Pats. I actually didn't break any tackles, it was a clean return, where my blockers set up perfectly. Of course, I had to execute, follow my blocks, and get by the kicker before I was home. Punts are a lot of fun to return this year, thats where I start bringing out the right-stick jukes and have a lot of fun. (I've returned about 2-3 punts so far)

To say its impossible to return kicks isn't true. Last year you were lucky to not HAVE either team return a kick in the game. Sega toned it down, and its a lot better for online games.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't have much problem returning. More times than not I get stopped where you do, but I DO get a great gain on occasion, so far have returned two TDs on KO returns and 1 punt return for a TD. That's in 14 games into my first year of my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »