Home

My 2 gripes...have they been dealt with?

This is a discussion on My 2 gripes...have they been dealt with? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My 2 gripes...have they been dealt with?

Honestly, I'm trying to read relevant threads and keep up, but I may have missed an intelligent response about these two things....

Even with messing with sliders I'm having two issues that have been drawing me out of the game.

1. I never get good kick returns. Well, good, yes. I never get great ones. Now returns for TD are a somewhat rare occurrence that needs a lot of things to go right for them to happen, but I tend to get a carbon copy return no matter what teams I'm playing as or against and I wonder if others are experiencing a similar pattern.

2. Do you get much YAC? I've messed with the pursuit sliders some and yet I'm always mobbed right after a catch, even when by rights it seems they've blown their coverage on the occasional play. Their like robots in this respect. I'm not saying I never pull a good juke and move on, etc. but generally speaking I ALWAYS have excessive company after receiving a ball.

It could very well be that my lack of skill or settings is causing this, but I wonder if this is common so I can judge what I need to do a little better. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: My 2 gripes...have they been dealt with?

Unless a lot of people complaining about the YAC problem aren't using Max Passing, I can't explain the problem. I have no problems breaking off long pass plays. A lot of the times, it's not even a result of a move. I hit my receivers in stride on a fly or post pattern and watch them take it to the house. I've had a long TD result from a 10 yard hitch pattern but that one was with Donte Stallworth and his 100 speed. But, I don't have any problem getting extra yards with any of my receivers. Crossing patterns are usually good for at least 10 YAC with my inside receiver or TE if you can catch the inside linebackers out of position or drill a pass right in between them.

Don't know what to tell you. I have a big problem with the robo secondary that covers everything in NCAA 2005, but I don't have those problems in ESPN.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

No, I appreciate the input, I may just be playing like crap.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, maximum passing definitely helps with YAC. If a receiver is behind a Db and has him beat by a few steps, if you lead him a little bit you can get some yards. A lot of times if you lob a ball to a guy in single coverage and the db and receiver jump but the receiver makes the catch, you get some yards that way too.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:55 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

1. I get boring kick off returns too, the level of special teams blocking on kick returns is terrible, both for the user and the CPU. Last year was easier, too easy, so they seem to have made them too hard this year. I understand exactly what you mean.

2. YAC is not too hard, I even get it while doing some hitch or curl routes against a crappy defender. On fly routes just lead the reciever more, good wr's will be able to catch it in stride.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 12:09 PM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninusrule
No, I appreciate the input, I may just be playing like crap.
I know that is my problem

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-24-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Totally agree re: the kickoffs. The blocking SUCKS. You are not alone.

As for YAC, I actually get good numbers here. Use that right stick to shake players when you have the space. It's a lifesaver.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 08-24-2004, 12:43 PM   #8
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Number one is unfixable, I haven't really had a problem with number 2 you just have to read the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »