Home

Depth chart re-ordering

This is a discussion on Depth chart re-ordering within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:42 PM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Depth chart re-ordering

Is there an easy way of subbing in your 2nd and 3rd teamers at all positions? The only thing I saw was to manually do it from the Gameplan/Depth Chart screen during a game. I want to play all my guys in the preseason, but it is a pain to manually reorder them and then straighten it back out. Am I missing an easier way? Thanks.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 02:29 AM   #2
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Depth chart re-ordering

also is there an easy way to move a strong safety into the starting free safety spot.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Custom playbook. Copy the team’s playbook and do the subbing in there. And don't use the in-game sub screen. It's broken, and players get permanently stuck in the wrong positions, which ruins your roster.

If it's just a temporary depth chart switch you're wanting, that can only be done manually.

Last edited by baa7; 08-24-2004 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

They don't have a way to sub in all your second and third teamers at once but if you sim your preseason games your starters won't play and all your second and third teamers will.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #5
Banned

Thought: You could edit a team playbook to use in preseason only. Choose several formations, and sub in the second and third stringers in those particular formations. Only choose plays from those formations when you want the second and third stingers on the field, and only choose plays from the other unedited formations when the first string guys are playing. That’s half a fix, I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Custom playbook. Copy the team’s playbook and do the subbing in there. And don't use the in-game sub screen. It's broken, and players get permanently stuck in the wrong positions, which ruins your roster.
So I can make a playbook that has duplicate formations in it that I can change up to be my second teamers? Or do I decide which formations I want for starters and which ones for backups? Thanks.

Atlanta Braves

Last edited by aukevin; 08-24-2004 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:51 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
So I can make a playbook that has duplicate formations in it that I can change up to be my second teamers? Or do I decide which formations I want for starters and which ones for backups? Thanks.
You can't make duplicate formations in the same playbook, but you can have, say, half the formations set up with first stringers and half with second and third string guys.

You might even have better control over things by editing packages. That way you can use all the plays for both squads, but just choose those packages with second and third string guys during the second half of the game.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #8
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You can't make duplicate formations in the same playbook, but you can have, say, half the formations set up with first stringers and half with second and third string guys.

You might even have better control over things by editing packages. That way you can use all the plays for both squads, but just choose those packages with second and third string guys during the second half of the game.
I give that a try tonight, I'll mess around and try to find some good formations.

Are there any other things I need to set before starting a franchise? I've seen threads about the injury slider and stuff. I noticed that there were a lot of cpu injuries during the one week of preseason I played, but non in the game I played, just the computer's games. Is this normal or should I drop an injury slider some?

Any other things I need to do to prep for a franchise? Thanks.

Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »