Home

Dealing with the Draft . . .

This is a discussion on Dealing with the Draft . . . within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon6 Dealing with the Draft . . .

I have read many posts stating that the NFL 2K5 Draft is "broken." Can someone briefly explain exactly what the issues are, and what are the options to get around these problems. Thanks.

Ohio State Buckeyes
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Lakers
Cincinnati Reds

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." - Ted Knight (Judge Smails) in Caddyshack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Dealing with the Draft . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquillian
I have read many posts stating that the NFL 2K5 Draft is "broken." Can someone briefly explain exactly what the issues are, and what are the options to get around these problems. Thanks.
Very briefly: P.U. or O.K. Take your pick.

Longer explanation: The CPU will only draft QBs, HBs, DEs and Ts in the first round. You can laugh at that. You can cry. You can slam your fist on the table and then have trouble pushing the A button next game. It’s all up to you.

You can also take control of all teams, which some people (one that I know of – me) think is a good idea. But some guy yesterday told me to just “sack up” and play, although I politely explained to him that I’ve sacked up quite a bit, actually. Sack upon sack, to tell the truth. But none with my DE, because the CPU takes all the good ones in the first round.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the easiest way to deal with this is to level the playing field by forcing yourself to only only select from those positions in the first round as well. Of course, you have to be a little disciplined to do this. If you're the type to play cheese against the CPU in your franchise, you probably wouldn't have the self-control to do this.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarks2001
I think the easiest way to deal with this is to level the playing field by forcing yourself to only only select from those positions in the first round as well. Of course, you have to be a little disciplined to do this. If you're the type to play cheese against the CPU in your franchise, you probably wouldn't have the self-control to do this.
Or that. Although that WR with the 93 rating that the CPU won't pick in the first round, could really be subbed in as my HB, right? I could MAYBE pick him, eh?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i have no problems with this, but with Mel Kiper doing the draft, here is the problem:
Kiper: Sanchez, is a guy who will really make an impact in the NFL right away. Defensive backs usually arent selected no. 1 overall, but that is how good this guy is. I have no doubt he will be the first player selected in this year's draft....

and then he gets selected in the 2nd round...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2004, 01:38 PM   #6
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaunki
i have no problems with this, but with Mel Kiper doing the draft, here is the problem:
Kiper: Sanchez, is a guy who will really make an impact in the NFL right away. Defensive backs usually arent selected no. 1 overall, but that is how good this guy is. I have no doubt he will be the first player selected in this year's draft....

and then he gets selected in the 2nd round...
maybe they did that on purpose because you know draft guys are always wrong
Old 08-27-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Take a saturday afternoon or a day off and do the entire draft manually. Be fair, pick the best player/most glaring need desired by each team as if each team is your franchise. Otherwise, how can doing the draft be fun? If you pick second and need a QB, and so does the CPU team picking first, and there is a draft QB w/ a rating of 83, a sure #1 pick, don't make the CPU team draft a db or ol, go ahead and have them draft that star QB b/c you know that's what would have really happened.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11
Arrow Re: Dealing with the Draft . . .

I have had a couple of drafts. No problems here. I just look for the people who are ranked lower and try to find gems. This is how I got a good QB in like the 3rd round and a good CB in the first round. Although, I did need a HB the CPU did draft the first 5. So come second round only a handful of HB's were left. It is a problem, but I just try to scout players I know I can get in later rounds. PEACE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »