Home

Injuries and enough players

This is a discussion on Injuries and enough players within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Injuries and enough players

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. Currently, I am suffering lot of injuries. However, I have only two dt's. If one gets injured in game, will they move someone over from the d-line or since this game does not allow players to switch positions, will no injuries occur all year to my dt's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Injuries and enough players

A LB will most likely fill the role. I had all but one of my DEs go down during the early part of my season. A backup LB filled in until they got healthy.

Go Badgers!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

HellBass's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin32
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. Currently, I am suffering lot of injuries. However, I have only two dt's. If one gets injured in game, will they move someone over from the d-line or since this game does not allow players to switch positions, will no injuries occur all year to my dt's?

You can go into roster management and put whoever you want into that position then, but you have to sub the guy you want into each individual set or package...this works way better than the depth chart and also allows you to put players who don't play a certain position into positions of need. For example, I have one of my linebacker positions in the nickel played by a big fast Strong safety.

Hope this helps,

CBASS
Old 09-03-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBass
You can go into roster management and put whoever you want into that position then, but you have to sub the guy you want into each individual set or package...this works way better than the depth chart and also allows you to put players who don't play a certain position into positions of need. For example, I have one of my linebacker positions in the nickel played by a big fast Strong safety.
Be very careful... Both the in-game and playbook sub screens are broken this year. Some players will sub in and others won’t. If you use the in-game sub screen, players get stuck in certain positions, and you have to manually un-sub them with each new game. Last year it defaulted back to the original lineup after every game, but not always this year. So your roster can get permanently bunged up if you use the in-game sub screen.

I went through two rosters before finally figuring out the problem. So I created custom playbooks, and do all my subbing in there now so my rosters don’t get ruined. Do not use the in-game sub screen to sub players or you’ll risk permanently screwing up your roster. Use the depth chart and custom playbooks to make substitutions. If fact, make a copy of your created playbook as well. A couple of weeks ago my playbook mysteriously self-destructed – the WR was stuck in the FB position and the game wouldn’t let me sub him out. I had to make a whole new playbook because of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »