Home

How do you block Field goals and Punts

This is a discussion on How do you block Field goals and Punts within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
How do you block Field goals and Punts

All i have left to completely unlock the crib 100% is blocked FG, punt, and jason elam 63 ard field goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How do you block Field goals and Punts

Blocking a FG in ESPN is much easier and more realistically possible than in Madden.
When I had the game, I took the player on the far left of the screen and used the speed burst and I knew after the first time that i did it that I would be able to block one, and finally I did. I think I had also blocked a punt as well, but I am not sure.
In fact, I blocked two FGs, one was a PAT.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

my friend blocked one out a 4 3 formation right down the middle lol we all just looked in awe
Old 09-09-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

my greatest block was in franchise, week 2 vs viking and i'm the eagles. i take the guy all the way on the right of the screen and timed it perfectly. the best part was that the Vikes had just scored a touchdown and it was an extra point. i was up 14-13 in the 4th w/ about a minute to go. i blocked it and went on to win the game. it was one of the greatest 4th quarters i've ever experienced, because i also had won the game on an interception return for a TD the possesion before.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Basically, you have to get lucky. The key is to put your fastest player with a decent amount of agility on the Left Side (from the defensive players perspective, its the right side as you look at the screen) of the FG block formation. Try and time the snap perfectly, mash the speed burst as much as a you can and then jump. A trick that is in the strategy guide, is to just dive for the holder to disrupt the kick. I feel that to be cheap so I go for the real block.

As for punts, just do the reverse, put your fastest player on the right side of the Punt block formation just inside the CB (its the position that is second from left as you look at the screen). Try and time the snap, and mash the speed button as fast as you can and jump when you get to the punter.

You will eventually block one using these ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwartz
Basically, you have to get lucky. The key is to put your fastest player with a decent amount of agility on the Left Side (from the defensive players perspective, its the right side as you look at the screen) of the FG block formation. Try and time the snap perfectly, mash the speed burst as much as a you can and then jump. A trick that is in the strategy guide, is to just dive for the holder to disrupt the kick. I feel that to be cheap so I go for the real block.

As for punts, just do the reverse, put your fastest player on the right side of the Punt block formation just inside the CB (its the position that is second from left as you look at the screen). Try and time the snap, and mash the speed button as fast as you can and jump when you get to the punter.

You will eventually block one using these ideas.
Thanks for the info. I will try these strategies out.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

I blocked 3 PATs so far. I have 2 of them posted at the Action Replay website. I may upload the other one this weekend. I can't seem to get any Field goals or Punts blocked yet although I never put any real effort into doing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »