Home

best defense for running qb

This is a discussion on best defense for running qb within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
best defense for running qb

since the qb spy does'nt work,whats the best D to stop this threat or at least contain someone who likes to run all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: best defense for running qb

Get a good D with fast LB's and go at him.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: best defense for running qb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDKKRB
Get a good D with fast LB's and go at him.
I am sorry to say this. But these kinds of post are not helpful at all. The man is asking for a play that he can use that might work with the team he is currently using.

I would like to know the answer as well.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Try a Dime formation. Greyhound blitz or a blitz that brings in a inside Cb. Maybe also shift your line man to the opposited of the blitz.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:01 PM   #5
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

In this series, you have to improvise. You need at least one on each side attacking from the outside, yet you don't want to get hit deep as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2004, 05:10 AM   #6
Rookie

hmmm, let me try to dish out some of my vasy knowledge. i will say this the best defense PERIOD is the 3-4 no question about it, if you can use it right, it is very effective. now, i ALWAYS use the middle linebacker and i try to get one who is fast, as long as he isn't to bad, i don't care what his points are as logn as he is fast. this helps in pursuit of both rb's and qb's. i TRY to run defenses that allow the mlb to play zone or cover a fb and if i must one that covers a rb. fb and rb won't generally get many receiving yards so i don't mind if they catch one on me every now and then. now for teh scrambling qb. drop back with the lb and (you got to get used to it) focus on he qb then rb, then qb, then rb. if you see the qb looking like he's moving don't chanse him just move with him, when you see him sprint you sprint, DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT GO DIRECTLY AFTER THE QB. look for a cut off point. 9 out of 10 times, the qb has took a 10 yard drop back and you can usually cut him off right at or behind the line of scrimmage. i like to over pursue these players and force them to cut back inside if i have help cuz if you hit the rb/qb and they get away to teh outside that's lots more yardage, if you force them to go back inside they'll get tackled. basically the two things you need to stop a scrambling qb is a speedy ILB and the ability to focus on your assignment and the qb at the same time and effective tackling. if you can master that it should be no problem. also, sometimes outside blitzes help as well but i try not to blitz to much because i'd rather have my players in position to make a play, if you're gonna send a blitz send no more than two if you can, sometimes you just have to send a 4 man blitz but i always say, live by the blitz die by the blitz, hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Don't play cheesers who take advantage of Mcnabb & Vick.. I use the falcons & run him about 3-6 times a game depending on the situation.. Only a few are actually running plays for Vick.. The majority of the time is when I'm being chased & can't find a open reciver..
Old 09-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Try a Dime formation. Greyhound blitz or a blitz that brings in a inside Cb. Maybe also shift your line man to the opposited of the blitz.
Ravens and Ray Lewis PERIOD! I constantly beat up on Vikings and Eagles when cheese ballers try to run the QB.

I take Lewis and shadow the QB as soon as the qb moves left or right I take off like a rocket to the side his running but not straight towards him just run with him and then force him outside or tackle him. I made McNabb fumble yesterday by tackling him with Lewis..I recovered too.

BTW, I forgot about that site Metal-Rules you have in your sig I used to visit twice a week I'm glad I found it again thanks to your sig...ahh the goold days when Metal was REAL Metal and guitarists KNEW how to play the instrument.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »