Home

Oh god, please fix this.

This is a discussion on Oh god, please fix this. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Oh god, please fix this.

Been playing this game for a couple of weeks now I am a die hard Ncaa'er ocasional Madden and 2k'er. The running animations/control in the game is horrendous. When running it takes a 1/2 hr to change directions and the jukes are useless. Its even worse for defense especially cathing someone on the fly for instance you are side by side a guy running full out you move slightly left to make a tackle and you miss him and are like 10 yards behind him just b/c you moved to the left a little. It bassically feels like I am on iceskates. Fix this in 2k6 and you will have a solid title!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2004, 03:12 PM   #2

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Oh god, please fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
Been playing this game for a couple of weeks now I am a die hard Ncaa'er ocasional Madden and 2k'er. The running animations/control in the game is horrendous. When running it takes a 1/2 hr to change directions and the jukes are useless. Its even worse for defense especially cathing someone on the fly for instance you are side by side a guy running full out you move slightly left to make a tackle and you miss him and are like 10 yards behind him just b/c you moved to the left a little. It bassically feels like I am on iceskates. Fix this in 2k6 and you will have a solid title!
Welcome to how football really is. If you are used to the exagerrated jukes in Madden, you are not going to get this in 2K5. Learn to use the right stick..you'll see.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Welcome to how football really is. If you are used to the exagerrated jukes in Madden, you are not going to get this in 2K5. Learn to use the right stick..you'll see.
What he said.

Adding that don't jam on the analog on a run play. If you need to change direction you'll have less momentum to deal with.

Like in the NFL, you need to take good pursuit angles, or you will miss tackles a LOT. Getting burned is part of the game.

Oh, and just remember it's not Madden and you'll be fine.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I agree ncaa/madden jukes are overexagerated definitly and I do like the running in 2k5 better they just need to get rid of the iceskate/molases effect when changing directions. Its like the running is on graph paper or a grid left or right only no angles.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

ESPN has the better run animations IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2004, 08:17 PM   #6
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

I agree the momentum is tolerable for offense, but on defense and punt coverage it really isn't needed.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:35 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

ESPN's running game is one of the most sweetest things about the game. It flat out rocks and is the way it should be.

Props to VC with the running game this year.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

yeah props to them..but i kill the cpu completely..with their runing game...LT.be getting stuffed like a teddy bear

my front four is....(49ers) bryant young,isac sopaga,andre carter,englberger

the back is..jeramia trotter,julian peterson,jefff ulbrich...

THE STIFF ARMS HAVE BEEN TONED DOWN ALOT...but i feel for it to be effetive i must charge up!! it's cool though after that bunch of b.s last year about a stiff arm kills any tackler no matter the situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »