Home

Have You Noticed...

This is a discussion on Have You Noticed... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2004, 05:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Have You Noticed...

Best way to run the screen:

1. If D is in Man, motion WR on side where screen is being run to opposite side. If in zone, consider calling an audible.

2. After snap, let QB drop manually, but throw the ball just before he completes his drop.

3. When you throw it, use Max Passing. If it's a screen to the right, press left on the stick as you release the ball to help avoid the overthrows (although they still happen). Use medium pressure on the button to control the strength of your throw.

If all goes well, your RB will grab the ball in stride over his shoulder and your pulling linemen will have sealed off a couple defenders. Practice it in scrimmage mode to get the timing down. I use this play online all the time as the Giants (Warner to Barber) and I'd say these are my results:

Incomplete: 15%
0-5 yard gain: 20%
5-10 yard gain 10%
10-20 yard gain 35%
20+ yard gain: 20%

Alot of my shorter gains come when I get stubborn and try to run it against a zone. If it's against man and I've managed to pull the DB to the other side of the field with motion, it's an easy 20 yard gain (assuming it doesn't get overthrown).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »