Home

controlling all teams help...

This is a discussion on controlling all teams help... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5
controlling all teams help...

Okay, so the updated rosters are out. I'm ready to start my franchise. I'm ready to take control of all teams to get rid of all the lousy trading and draft picks and I'm having problems...

In the franchise options, I set it so that the cpu will take care of resigning free agents, cutting players, and managing depth charts. I want to play as the Jets so once my franchise starts, I go to the Jets page, go into franchise options, and make all the front office decisions user controlled- thinking this will only take effect for my team. Wrong. It changes the control for every team. So what am I doing wrong?

I've heard from a bunch of you who say that controlling all the teams eliminates the bad trading but does that mean I have to take care of every team's signings too? That seems like a pretty daunting task.

On the other hand, if I have all of the player signings options set to auto (or assistant coach) does that mean the cpu will make the front office decisions for my main team too?

All I want to do is have full control over one team and let the cpu take care of the contracts for all the remaining teams. Is this possible? Being a GM for every team is a bit much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: controlling all teams help...

You are doing nothing wrong. The problem is once you set any teams to Auto.... it effects all the teams. Just make sure you do what you want to your team then set to auto.

Just remember if you play a game and lose someone to injury, make sure you go after the game and take care of your team, before you finish the week out or save.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
You are doing nothing wrong. The problem is once you set any teams to Auto.... it effects all the teams. Just make sure you do what you want to your team then set to auto.

Just remember if you play a game and lose someone to injury, make sure you go after the game and take care of your team, before you finish the week out or save.

Thanks... by doing this, does the cpu ever make any unwanted changes to your team?
Old 09-25-2004, 02:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
All I want to do is have full control over one team and let the cpu take care of the contracts for all the remaining teams. Is this possible? Being a GM for every team is a bit much.
You can do a lot of off-season stuff for your team first, then just switch to Auto and let the CPU do the rest for the other teams. And some things you can’t.

Retirements: You can resign your guys, but then either negotiate for all the other teams yourself or just allow all players to retire. I would just allow all retirements, and to keep it fair, not resign any guys on my team. But that’s up to you of course.

Resigning: You can resign your guys, then let the CPU handle signings for all the other teams – easy.

FA’s: There no competition to sign guys, so you can sign whoever you want if you offer them enough. If they don’t take the offer after a day or so, just up the anti and they’ll bite. But you can’t just switch to Auto to let the CPU sign guys – you can only exit FA signing after completing your business. However, the CPU will sign FA’s just before pre-season to fill out its roster (switch to Auto Resign at some point) so most of the FA’s will be on next year’s roster. You can wait to sign just like the CPU, but I believe it grabs the players it wants before you have a shot at them. You have to have a certain # of players in each position on your team when you switch to Auto resign, or the CPU will sign people to your team: 2 QB's, 2 HB's, 4 WR's, etc.

Combine: I haven’t done the combine myself, so you’re on your own with that.

Draft: The players are in order of ratings/talent in ESPN.com/Rookie Report. When drafting, use the right thumbstick to view the drafting team’s needs. Go out and check Rookie Report and see who the best player is in the position they need the most help, then draft him. You can do a round in 20 minutes, and you really get to know the league that way.

Rookie signing: Easy – sign your guys, then switch to Auto (or hit the start button and make a selection).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »