Home

How to eliminate cheese. (Rate Play Style!)

This is a discussion on How to eliminate cheese. (Rate Play Style!) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How to eliminate cheese. (Rate Play Style!)

I belong to several forums, and one thing is sure to come up on a daily basis. Cheese. Running Vick for 200 yards a game. D line glitching. No huddle EVERY play. Last year, it was running Ricky left and right the whole game or subbing a LB for your kicker.

When I use the optimatch to find a game, it seems like everybody is rated as "n/a" or "average". These people have played 20+ games, but don't have a rating. When I look at their VIP card, I see stuff like 20% passing, 80% rushing .. or going for it on 4th down 80% of the time. Or having a sack ratio of 1/5 (meaning they probably use the D line glitch).

None of these things are "sim" .. but nobody is voting, it seems.

When you finish a game, take a few extra seconds to vote. Go to your friends list, from there you can see your recent opponents. Click on one, and you'll see "rate play style". If the guy you played just ran McNabb the whole game (except when T.O. was wide open), that's "no sim". If he glitched the D line the whole game, that's "no sim". Make sure you vote accordingly.

On the other hand, if you opponent played a good game with balanced rushing and passing and used a variety of plays, make sure to give him a good rating.

Eventually, the cheesers will be flagged as such, and will have trouble finding games. It's up to us to make sure this happens.

On a personal note, when I'm in optimatch looking to challenge someone, I'll look at their VIP card. I expect to see rushing and passing pretty much equal. Of course, this will vary based on the team someone is using. If a guy has the Pats and passes more than he runs, it's understood. On the opposite side, I expect the Chargers to run more than they pass.

The next thing I look at is 4th down percentage. My own percentage seems to be around 20%, so I look for that in others. I only go for it on 4th under the following conditions:

- it's almost the end of the 2nd half (like, under 1:00 or so) and i'm losing
- it's almost the end of the game and i'm losing
- it's too far for a FG, but too short to punt (like at the opponent's 35 yardline, or even 30 yard line if there's a lot of wind). Even still, if it's 4th and 20 in this situation I'll punt. If it's 4th and 5, I'll go for it.

Finally, I look at the sack ratio. If someone's getting a TON of sacks, either they just blitz manually the whole game with a LB or whatever (which I don't care for) or they're D line glitching.

So between picking and choosing who you play, and more importantly RATING THEIR PLAY STYLE, we can begin to eliminate cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2004, 01:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to eliminate cheese. (Rate Play Style!)

Thanks for the heads up!!!

I will be doing this for sure.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

hmmmm, i was old that sim is cheesing. so i've been giving cheeers "sim." need to reevaluate.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will do. I also forwarded this to my friends that dont post on OS.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #5
Rookie

the #1 guy actually has a no sim rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #6
Rookie

yeah i dont understand why people play people with a 'no sim' rating. unless he's just playing friends to pad his stats?

just out of curiosity, i took a look at the vip card of everyone that was in the game lobby .. almost all of them have a 4th down percentage of 40% or higher. One guy that was like 62-2 had a percentage of 80+.

of course, when i see someone with a great record i'd love to play them (sim style) and see what they do. but unfortunately, it seems most of those people are playing cheese style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »