Home

Why put INT on 0

This is a discussion on Why put INT on 0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Why put INT on 0

Im just curious as to what this solves, does this take out some of the idiodic animations that players go in, and if it does, does it all but eliminate INTs for players?, also can anyone give me some examples of some sliders that will limit the amount of big plays that me and the CPU are having
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why put INT on 0

I have it set at 1 and still catch int's and pass a few too. Nonthing that disrupts my enjoyment of the game. But when I first got the game in July there were too many int's when set at the default.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah there's too many interceptions in the game, if you leave it at default it's possible to see something like 8 interceptions in a game with 5 minute quarters. Even with it set at 0 I've yet to see a game without an interception.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK47
Yeah there's too many interceptions in the game, if you leave it at default it's possible to see something like 8 interceptions in a game with 5 minute quarters. Even with it set at 0 I've yet to see a game without an interception.
I've been playing with the interception slider at zero since about my third game. I've been keeping track and so far, the fewest number of picks thrown by the cpu is three. It's the only thing which is keeping me from being addicted to this game. It has not been uncommon for opposing QBs to throw 4-5 interceptions as well. That's just way too many.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

The passing engine in the game is a bit screwed up, there's not only far too many interceptions, there's also far too many tipped passes and passes hitting linemen (both the O and D linemen). I also noticed that receivers tend to get "jammed" not at the line but while running routes, this happens sometimes because their paths cross the paths of other receivers simply because of the way the routes are set up in the play but far more often, DBs will simply stand in the way and obstruct the route running, not at the line but downfield and even with physical contact that isnt counted as defensive pass interference by the game. When that happens, the timing in the pass is off badly and the pass is often intercepted. Apart from that of course the defensive backs read the plays far too well and play the ball too well (both true of the AI-controlled players on the human side and those on the CPU-controlled side.)

Last edited by MK47; 10-10-2004 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »