Home

thinking mans game

This is a discussion on thinking mans game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
thinking mans game

i am using bills sliders with two or three adjustments to my preference right now. after some injuries, i am starting to remember that you have to think and play to your strengths.

after all the negative crap, i let it affect me and forgot how to play this game. i even stopped playing for several weeks until this week. i forgot some of the basic truths of VC football. players matter. you cant play well with just anybody. you have to think and plan.

i am using the chargers and i lost leber for the year and then two weeks later lost edwards till the playoffs if i make it. my run defense is so much more difficult now. i am now having to decide who to play on run downs and who to put in for pass coverage. i cant even try certain defenses anymore and the good backs can just light me up if i am not careful.

i am also realizing what you can do with weekly prep. my kicker had a huge week increase and hit two kicks out of the endzone for the first time all season. i am starting to figure out what makes increases for my team and that is making it more fun, also.

Last edited by Radja; 10-14-2004 at 01:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: thinking mans game

Yeah, that's what I like about this game...if you get the sliders figured out right, it really does come down to a good gameplan and sticking to it. I've lost many games because I've abandoned a gameplan when I went down by 10 pts or more. And I've had several times when the computer has obviously adjusted to my gameplan and shut it down. I've also realized that you have to be very careful about how you call defensive plays...if you gamble too much, the computer will burn you!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »