Home

Player Ranking Database and Spreadsheets

This is a discussion on Player Ranking Database and Spreadsheets within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player Ranking Database and Spreadsheets

I wanted a better way to quickly rank players by their overall rating and position. However, without any real knowledge of the formula's that VC uses to determine an overall value, I had to come up with some on my own.

Obviously, my formula's are very subjective and are a best guess, you may not agree with them, but you can easily alter the forumla's if you have a copy of access 2002.

Included in the zip file is the access database, excel spreadsheet, semicolon delimited attribute files for all teams and free agents, and a word document depicting the formula's used for determining overall ratings for each position.

NOTE: All the player ratings are based upon VC's latest "Official" rosters and I have made NO changes to them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Player_Ranking.zip (377.6 KB, 222 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Player Ranking Database and Spreadsheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by julfpenet
I wanted a better way to quickly rank players by their overall rating and position. However, without any real knowledge of the formula's that VC uses to determine an overall value, I had to come up with some on my own.

Obviously, my formula's are very subjective and are a best guess, you may not agree with them, but you can easily alter the forumla's if you have a copy of access 2002.

Included in the zip file is the access database, excel spreadsheet, semicolon delimited attribute files for all teams and free agents, and a word document depicting the formula's used for determining overall ratings for each position.

NOTE: All the player ratings are based upon VC's latest "Official" rosters and I have made NO changes to them.
Any chances that you can post the VC's latest "Official" rosters (from January i think) in those .txt format as you did in the above post?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph
Any chances that you can post the VC's latest "Official" rosters (from January i think) in those .txt format as you did in the above post?

Sure...as soon as they are made available for download.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Sure...as soon as they are made available for download.
Thanks very much.
I think they are available for download as there are some threads speaking about them. It seems they are from the 10th of January.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph
Thanks very much.
I think they are available for download as there are some threads speaking about them. It seems they are from the 10th of January.
Coming soon...I just got around to downloading them last night. I should have them posted tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Talking Re: Player Ranking Database and Spreadsheets

Quote:
Coming soon...I just got around to downloading them last night. I should have them posted tomorrow.
Great !
I look forward to it !!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

How do you get the figures to your database? I'm assuming you're not typing it all in by hand. Do you have a roster editor that will work for the PS2?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
How do you get the figures to your database? I'm assuming you're not typing it all in by hand. Do you have a roster editor that will work for the PS2?
Import from text files that were exported from Flying Finn's editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »