Home

How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem)

This is a discussion on How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem)

Some of the roster packs I've worked with directly or indirectly have had a problem once I start a new franchise/season. I pick to control every team so I can make transactions mirroring current ones during the season if I have to, but when I pick all teams (using assistant coach to handle depth charts only), sim the pre-season (adding the element of possible injuries prior to game 1), the Redskins are always a cap problem. Now, I'm not a franchise guy and don't understand exactly how all of that works. So I've tried everything to get them under the cap and nothing seems to work. Does anyone know the best/easiest solution so I can continue into my season? I'm not looking to do multiple seasons just the current one (a la Finn's editor).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: How do I correct this? (Redskins cap problem)

The Skins may have to many highly rated players. If your using Noplace's roster than I know where the problem lies. Some of his rookies are vastly overated some you may need to change some.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 06-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
The Skins may have to many highly rated players. If your using Noplace's roster than I know where the problem lies. Some of his rookies are vastly overated some you may need to change some.

Thats true that roster was pretty "Fat" you may need to trim the "Fat" in order to get those CAP figures down in order to get them prepared for use in the franchise mode...I havn't come across that problem or at least not yet but common sense tells me that these rosters are always gonna have those issues due to various teams salary issues and personal so look at those ratings and keep that inmind not all of them will be on the team so use extreme caution as to not go over your salary figures after all they're still rookies.

Holla Back y'all
Old 06-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
Hmmm, I havent thought of a salary cap issue due to ratings. Which rookies do you think are the problem? I tried to keep all 1st rounders in the low 80's to high 70's. 2nd rounders in the mid to low 70's. Is that too high? let me know something, I have yet to test them in a franchise...Xrob continue on with your edits good job on the pics you did.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Some of the roster packs I've worked with directly or indirectly have had a problem once I start a new franchise/season. I pick to control every team so I can make transactions mirroring current ones during the season if I have to, but when I pick all teams (using assistant coach to handle depth charts only), sim the pre-season (adding the element of possible injuries prior to game 1), the Redskins are always a cap problem. Now, I'm not a franchise guy and don't understand exactly how all of that works. So I've tried everything to get them under the cap and nothing seems to work. Does anyone know the best/easiest solution so I can continue into my season? I'm not looking to do multiple seasons just the current one (a la Finn's editor).
This may work:

Back up the roster in the editor. Global edit all the skins players down and start a franchise. Save the franchise. Restore the players in the editor from the backup you made. If contracts are attribute related, this would fix the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
This may work:

Back up the roster in the editor. Global edit all the skins players down and start a franchise. Save the franchise. Restore the players in the editor from the backup you made. If contracts are attribute related, this would fix the problem.

You say may work I don't see how myself using that editor to alter players for the purpose of a salary cap sounds like cookie cutting players to get in where they "Don't" fit in.

A more practical and prudent method would be to simply manage your rosters,common sense should tell you that if you have two very proficent and productive backs on your roster somebodys gonna have to go or be edited down as the case may be with say Buffalos backfield sitution which is to say as realistic as you can get there you have Mcgee and Henry two fine back both productive and worth the money they seek...one doesn't yeild to being a backup so more then likely he'll move on freeing up cap space and giving room for another backup or less costly backup.

To put them all in the editor and execute that kind a global edit is a big mistake IMO and takes away the individuality and idenity of the team as a whole...just my opinion which when you think about it makes sense at least to me.

And the fact that not everyone is adept at using the editor and some don't even have it to begin with so its not an option that favors the majority because not even the site it originated from has it available for DLs due to issues concerning the crashing of files as Finn himself has stated in the message he has left there at his site.

Roster management and knowing who is suppose to be there is a more viable solution as to radical changes through out the team via an editor which could cause even more problem for franchise mode.

Holla Back y'all
Old 06-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You say may work I don't see how myself using that editor to alter players for the purpose of a salary cap sounds like cookie cutting players to get in where they "Don't" fit in.

A more practical and prudent method would be to simply manage your rosters,common sense should tell you that if you have two very proficent and productive backs on your roster somebodys gonna have to go or be edited down as the case may be with say Buffalos backfield sitution which is to say as realistic as you can get there you have Mcgee and Henry two fine back both productive and worth the money they seek...one doesn't yeild to being a backup so more then likely he'll move on freeing up cap space and giving room for another backup or less costly backup.

To put them all in the editor and execute that kind a global edit is a big mistake IMO and takes away the individuality and idenity of the team as a whole...just my opinion which when you think about it makes sense at least to me.

And the fact that not everyone is adept at using the editor and some don't even have it to begin with so its not an option that favors the majority because not even the site it originated from has it available for DLs due to issues concerning the crashing of files as Finn himself has stated in the message he has left there at his site.

Roster management and knowing who is suppose to be there is a more viable solution as to radical changes through out the team via an editor which could cause even more problem for franchise mode.

Holla Back y'all
I think you are missing the point. DaFlyboys is not trying to cheat franchise mode, he is trying to play this year's schedule with the current rosters provided here. The problem is the current Redskins roster ends up over the CAP when in real life it isn't. If contracts are based on ratings, lowering the ratings of the players on the redskins before starting a franchise would allow the players to cost less, keeping them under the CAP. Once franchise starts, you return the players back to their original attribute values but since the contracts are already signed, the Skins still won't be over the CAP. He is just trying to have his season mirror the NFL season, making all the moves the real teams do along the way.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #8
Banned

How bout a fix for the stupid draft freeze..........since its kinda hard to play a franchise if after the 1st season the game freezes when doing the draft, anyone test this and have a fix cause this is annoying

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »