Home

roster updaters dilema?

This is a discussion on roster updaters dilema? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
roster updaters dilema?

it seems like alot of people who had planned on updating the rosters are having problems doing so because of the limited roster spots. i have no clue how to fix this however i guess some suggestions could help them out.

what if you don't go so deep into the depth charts for rookies:

QB: 1st and 2nd string
HB: 1st and 2nd string only
FB: 1st string only
Oline: 1st string only
WR: 1st,2nd,3rd, and 4th string only
TE: 1st and 2nd string only
Dline: 1st string only
LB: 1st and 2nd string only
CB: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string only
S: 1st and 2nd string only

that's just for rookies though, basically rookies who'll get into a game. i don't know does this make sense to you guys that make rosters? i'm not sure if you guys go through and do each team one by one or if you do it by the draft order.

another thing i was thinking is would editing players who are already in the game have an effect on why there is no more room. like taking fred taylor and dropping his rating down from what VC had it at, do you guys know if the problems are because of a specifc save size or if it's a specific number of created players?

oh well i hope you guys keep up the good work and don't give up cause i and many others appreciate what you do, thanks alot for your hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: roster updaters dilema?

That is the route I am taking right now. I think the problem was all of us trying to make rookies and fill in rosters before the final cuts were done. All that over writing on existing players and creating a plethora of rookies was kind of a waste to some extent.

Thats why my next roster set is taking a bit longer than I thought. I didn't make any changes to Dreaded's base set, until the final player cuts and waivers just recently went through. Well that and I'm going in depth on equip, etc..

But yea, I'm going team by team now with the opening day rosters only. No need to go 3 and 4 deep at some positions.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

nice GL with your roster set
Old 09-07-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
That is the route I am taking right now. I think the problem was all of us trying to make rookies and fill in rosters before the final cuts were done. All that over writing on existing players and creating a plethora of rookies was kind of a waste to some extent.

Thats why my next roster set is taking a bit longer than I thought. I didn't make any changes to Dreaded's base set, until the final player cuts and waivers just recently went through. Well that and I'm going in depth on equip, etc..

But yea, I'm going team by team now with the opening day rosters only. No need to go 3 and 4 deep at some positions.
Well there is a team working on a way to allow DL content outside of Microsoft and if that works you could edit the roster that Take 2 made that has no cap and use that.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Arab
Well there is a team working on a way to allow DL content outside of Microsoft and if that works you could edit the roster that Take 2 made that has no cap and use that.
Where did you hear this information?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

More naming space is on the way fellas...
Old 09-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
More naming space is on the way fellas...
sweet, so the problem has a solution?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawkerOne
sweet, so the problem has a solution?
If it does I assure you Finn will find it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »