Home

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Jan 2006 Roster Update

This is a discussion on Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Jan 2006 Roster Update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Jan 2006 Roster Update

Well, like I've said before, I'm using dan's sliders, but I'm going to probably modify them by team groupings so that's there's not too radical of variability. The player ratings should help take care of elite teams acting like elite teams and average teams acting that way.

I also have some more individual player tweakings to do in my next version as I'll pay attention to actual NFL stats more closely on that one.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, like I've said before, I'm using dan's sliders, but I'm going to probably modify them by team groupings so that's there's not too radical of variability. The player ratings should help take care of elite teams acting like elite teams and average teams acting that way.

I also have some more individual player tweakings to do in my next version as I'll pay attention to actual NFL stats more closely on that one.

Ok Daflyboys,
as I said before I'll test both your roster file and Rickster roster file (with his roster I'll try the "all zero" slider settings) and see how they works.I mean I'll play complete games,first using one roster and then using the other roster and see how they works.I'll use the same two teams both for me and CPU and try to see which are the differences between your and Rickster roster with all the editings.
I'm really curious to use the "zero sliders" as Rickster told me the game works really well with this set of sliders.
Anyway I hope you'll soon post here your new roster file with all the new editings you'll do to make the teams play like they do in real NFL.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Ya, the zero sliders are intriguing me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2006, 08:10 AM   #12
MVP

Dear Daflyboys,
I have just finished to test your roster file in 2 complete games.I have used 49ers against Colts (CPU) at Indianapolis.
In the first game I have try the "zero sliders" but it was not a good game,my QB throw 88% of completion plus my WR get everything,especially the long passes.My RB could take 8/10 yards every time he runs and so I finish dominating Colts in their house.
Then I try the same game,with the same teams,but this time I rise the CPU sliders to maximum and this time the game was amazing,the Colts destroy the 49ers 31 to 14,Manning plays a really solid game,with no INT,and finish with 270 passing yards,Harrison catches a lot of passes and finish with 2 TD and finally James runs for 163 yards and 1 TD.
My QB this time complete 49% of the passes and has only 3 long passes,the WR was controlled by the Colts defense and also running game for me was perfect!
Now today I'll try the same test (same teams,same set of sliders) but this time I'll use Rickster editroster v.2 and tomorrow I'll report in his thread the results.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:14 AM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Thanks for the information. Yes, I'm trying the zero sliders myself but there are certain areas that are needing help. I think that the passing and/or catch sliders need to be maxed. Glad to see you got realistic results.

BTW, for simmed games during franchise/season, put time limit on 3 mins. The QB's completion percentage is still inflated, but everything else seems to be on mark, including rushing nos.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
MVP

I know sliders setting has to be something "personal" as not every human player has the same level in playing this game.Anyway I think that with "zero sliders" is really too easy to win games as your QB complete everything and your WR receive every ball.
I'll do the same test with Rickster edit roster v.2 and then I'll report my thoughts in his thread.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Off topic...these roster edits are for xbox, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

yes these are for the xbox
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »