Home

Finally, Created a Draft Class, though need help w/a small problem....

This is a discussion on Finally, Created a Draft Class, though need help w/a small problem.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Finally, Created a Draft Class, though need help w/a small problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Franchise3 file:

DE Tamba Hali = Is there
QB Vince Young = Gerardo Young
QB Jay Cutler = Is there
QB Matt Leinart = Is there
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson = D'Brickashaw Cole

Draft franchise file... well, I edited all the rookies in-game, so all the names are obviously there, no need to even check that one.

This board won't let you upload .2k5team files, the franchise files are .zip so they are okay. You could always convert the .2k5team files into zip if you wanted to post them.

EDIT - More bad news for ya Dan... just imported your class from that franchise 3 file into a fresh default franchise, and NONE of the names went through correctly.

Matt Smith
Tamba Smith
Gerardo Young

etc...

So it looks like there's really no way around it unless Finn can figure it out [if anyone can, he's the one] but until then, I guess we'll just have to wait until the players are drafted and are put on their respective teams.
When you edited the rookies, you edited them all in the rookie scouting option in-game, correct? If so, I think thats why the names are messed up. I have seen files that get edited in game or in the editor and then when the person tries to edit again but using the opposite way, things get messed up.

In other words, if you edit in-game, its better to not edit the names in the editor and vice versa. I suggest always using the editor to do renaming because there's no limit and you can use symbols for players such as D'Brickashaw.

Last edited by dan77733; 02-18-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #58
Banned

Okay, I just fixed Vince and Ferguson and tested the file in-game and all 5 players are in as they should be. Check the file again and let me know if it works in-game for you. Also, try exporting the draft class again and import it into a franchise file but make sure that the franchise file starts in week 1 of the regular season and that no games have been played or simulated. In other words, a new franchise file. I think if you try importing the Draft Class into the franchise file that you posted on page 1, then all the names get messed up. Let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise3.zip (307.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by dan77733; 02-18-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #59
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Can you post the CAPs that you made for the players you created?
Old 02-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Okay, I just fixed Vince and Ferguson and tested the file in-game and all 5 players are in as they should be. Check the file again and let me know if it works in-game for you. Also, try exporting the draft class again and import it into a franchise file but make sure that the franchise file starts in week 1 of the regular season and that no games have been played or simulated. In other words, a new franchise file. I think if you try importing the Draft Class into the franchise file that you posted on page 1, then all the names get messed up. Let me know if it works.
Still shows up as messed up when imported into another franchise, even a default one... Believe me, I've tried this a million times, honestly at least with 30+ franchise files, it's just a problem with the names that are in the game that the rookies use... Some names, like Young's can be fixed since they are in the game [VINCE + YOUNG], but others such as D'Brickashaw and Tamba Hali, won't always import corrrectly... it's a problem in the game itself that the current editor can't fix.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Still shows up as messed up when imported into another franchise, even a default one... Believe me, I've tried this a million times, honestly at least with 30+ franchise files, it's just a problem with the names that are in the game that the rookies use... Some names, like Young's can be fixed since they are in the game [VINCE + YOUNG], but others such as D'Brickashaw and Tamba Hali, won't always import corrrectly... it's a problem in the game itself that the current editor can't fix.
It sucks that it doesnt work when importing. Hopefully, Finn can fix your file.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »