Home

Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters

Nice work, Gordie. I think you've overdone the QBs however--playing pass defense is simply impossible, and pass offense is very easy. I was playing the first game of the season in a test franchise, and the stats after the first quarter had both QBs at a perfect 158.3 rating. Peyton was 5/5, 68 yards and a TD, Eli was 7/8 138 yards and 2 TDs. It wasn't like I wasn't setting up for the pass either. The entire second drive I played Dime in a mix between zone and man coverage and the corners were just eaten up. I'm not sure if there's a way to dial it down slightly, but it would probably be advisable.

Oh, and I simulated the game to see how it would turn out--ouch. Final score--G-Men 53, Colts 51. Might be a little overpowered on the Offensive side.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I guess the question is....how do I dial it down and still have QB's get pass % in the high 50's and 60's (yes, sometimes, 70's which does happen in reality). I would say try several games with several different match ups. Double team receivers who are killing you. Ratchet up the cover and pursuit slider slowly. I'd rather see the effects of that than have to re-do all the QB's since they're individual tweaks.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Did another test game tonight and had very nice results. Since this was a test, still using the '05 schedule with these and had the Chiefs (me) vs Houston (cpu).

The way it started out I thought I was going to clobber them, but couldn't convert my 3rd downs in the first half and was only up 10-9 at the break. Carr came out throwing 2 early interceptions, both to Ty Law, including on his very first pass. This worried me because I had just bumped up the coverage slider for each by 1 click (at 20 now). Had a 13-9 lead when in the 3rd, Houston drove the ball well and capped it off with a short Lundy RZ run.

Regained the lead at 20-16 and regained the ball as well when late in the game I tried to throw a button hook left pass (deep in my own territory) and the Texan RLB stepped in snagged it for the defensive TD. 23-20 Houston. However, LJ was the story in the fourth quarter and especially on the last drive. He gained some key first downs and large chunks of yards. With about 1:30 to go I sent Gonzo on a hot route to the right corner though we were stacked left of middle hash mark. The defense got confused and he was all alone on the right side of the end zone. 27-23 Chiefs.

Carr, who was mediocre throughout the game heated up on Houston's last drive, leading them into RZ territory again. With about :25 to go, Carr flares one to the right to Lundy as it looks like the pass goes a bit backwards and he drops it! Fumble! Derrick Johnson recovers. Game. But no, instant replay revealed the pass was parellel to the LOS and it's a dead play.

On 3rd down, Houston gets another shot. Johnson runs a flag left with about :13 to go right to the pilon. Touchdown! But NO! Instant replay CLEARLY reveals he step out of bounds prior to the catch ! Last gasp effort, Carr throws one to the back of the middle portion of the end zone, but the receiver is hawked by Chiefs defenders and the pass falls to the ground. Chiefs win 27-23. Really had a good feel to this game, including Carr turning his act around after the 2 early INT's and Green leading the Chiefs 80 yards for what proved to be the winning drive. I never had a game whereby instant replay went to the booth automatically (twice!) to help decide the outcome. The Chiefs D also held the Texans to under 70 yds rushing and LJ turned out to be a monster! Each team had 3 sacks and the FG kickers were both perfect.

Game Stats:

Chiefs:
Green: 12/23 for 159; 2 TD's; 2 INT's
LJ: 21/151 and 1 TD; 1 fumble; 39 long run
Gonzo: 3 for 86 and 2 TD's; 44 long
Tynes: 2/2 FG's (44 long)

Texans:
Carr: 20/33 for 258; 2 INT's
Lundy: 16 for 56; 1 TD; 19 long
Moulds: 9 for 148 (33 long)
Brown: 3/3 FG's (50 long)

I'm pretty sold on 8 minute periods now and the coverage slider at default (20) seems about right. I might peel the cpu's back to 19.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Daflyboys,
I play 9 minutes quarter,with "FAST" speed and the main problem is that the CPU defense is really easy to beat,for example in every game my RB passes the 150 yards,also my QB can complete a lot of passes of plus than 20 yards.
I have played with different teams against the CPU with different teams.
Anyway I'm sure that you'll adjust the things,also I'm pretty sure that in franchise mode things can be better,maybe I'll try to play some games in franchise.
I hope you'll post a franchise file soon too!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #21
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Yes, I always promote to play in franchise mode. If you're playing in exhibition mode, I can't comment other than I think I remember in the past exhibition being easier. Also, there's no reason to play on "FAST" because the rosters were already bumped up significantly for speed. Performance EQ should be "ON". Follow the gameplay guidelines I posted in other threads. Do a test franchise and see how that compares.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: Daflyboys' "REAL NFL SPEED" Rosters

which file are the sliders?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #23
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

The small one. "SIM".
Old 09-23-2006, 02:39 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Ok,
I have played 3 complete games using different teams in franchise and it seems things are better,it's hard to run the ball and CPU play a very solid game.
I hope you'll post as soon as possible a franchise file of your "REAL NFL SPEED" roster / sliders to give us the possibility to play 2006 / 2007 season.
Another thing,it's true that with your editings is possible to play at "normal speed" 'cause the speed is very good!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »