Home

Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode?

I've tried Rickster's updated version 42 rosters, where in the draft, everybody taken in the first round is either a Defensive End or Tackle.

In Puja21's new roster, it won't even let you draft at all, the game simply locks up when you click to start the draft. Everything up to that point works fine.

Is there a roster which does work in Franchise, or can the ones available be fixed to do so? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone's rosters work in Franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender17012000
I've tried Rickster's updated version 42 rosters, where in the draft, everybody taken in the first round is either a Defensive End or Tackle.

In Puja21's new roster, it won't even let you draft at all, the game simply locks up when you click to start the draft. Everything up to that point works fine.

Is there a roster which does work in Franchise, or can the ones available be fixed to do so? Thanks!
The the first round defensive end "freak out" is a glitch in the game, I suggest taking over all teams and drafting their first round. Then switch back and it should be fine.

I have a franchise file if you want it. just pm me.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender17012000

you can defintely fix my roster so it will work... or if you wait a few days i will post a new freeze-free franchise w/ the 2007 draft class.

to do it yourself, (1) use finn's editor to export a draft class from a franchise w/ default rosters. (2) then import this class on top of the one generated by your franchise w/ my rosters. repeat this every season (takes 2 secs).

step one is even done for you here w/ draft classes for the first 5 years of your franchise, good luck:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Exported Draft Classes.zip (141.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

when i try to transfer the draft class so i can fix the freeze prob in both my and puja's franchise, i have a action replay, soley for this game,it wont let me transfer the draft class,it keeps telling me "not a valid xbox save" im new and i dont know what finn editer is, so like a crash course in what to do and any help would be cool,i hate to only play one season and it freeze, it frustrating....please help
Old 01-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Rookie

i hate to sound like a fool but im reading the threads to figure out how to get past the freeze, what is finn editer? is it on the game?, or is it something i dload onto the ar? what is it and how do i get or use it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tite50
i hate to sound like a fool but im reading the threads to figure out how to get past the freeze, what is finn editer? is it on the game?, or is it something i dload onto the ar? what is it and how do i get or use it?

Here's the link to download Finn's Editor http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

It's a program that you use on your PC to edit Action Replay franchise files and everything else. Finn's stays on your PC and then you transfer the game files to your Action Replay...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Rookie

thanks for the link that is so awsome,i had no clue they could do stuff like that!!!!one more thing guys im sorry,i tried to save the draft class and freeze fix, onto my ar but i drag it in , it just says not a valid xbox save.now what?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey, the draft classes you don't drag into AR. What you do is play a franchise until you get to the preseason... then save the franchise file, transfer it to the AR memory thing. The plug it into your computer, and move that saved Franchise file onto your PC (drag it from the Memory Card side into the PC side).

Then open Finn's editor, and go to open file. Then find your saved franchise file you just transferred to your PC (it's probably under Program Files, Datel, Saves, ESPN 2k5, then like Franchise 1). As you click through all the teams, you'll see one for free agents, then one for draft class.

If you right click on the words "draft class" you'll get an import team and export team thing. Select import team, then use the draft classes that are in Puja21's draft class folder (unzip the folder, first) and pick like 2007 (it shouldn't matter which year you pick, I don't think)

Then, after it transfers (you'll see different names in the draft class and it will say "import complete"), save the file. Go back into AR for the PC, and re-drag the "Franchise 1" file that's on the PC to the AR Card. It'll ask you whether you want to overwrite it, and click yes. Then load the franchise from the memory card (either move it to the hard drive on the mainframe, or load it in-game from the memory card).

The advantage is that it fixes the "Tackle and DE" first-round drafting glitch and the game won't freeze on you in the offseason. Does that make sense? Once you do it, it is easy. You'll have to repeat the procedure each year, right after pre-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »