Home

More historic teams coming...

This is a discussion on More historic teams coming... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: More historic teams coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPATHEB
I'm all most done with the roster selections for my G.O.A.T. roster. I will start making some edits 2day. I might have a whole team up by later today if all goes well. Been having prombelms with my pc lately, but I've ironed them out I think. Great news to hear about All Pro Football. I'll be moving both my rosters to that game I hope it is what we have all been waiting 4. Well back 2 editing

P.S. I feel U Capa editing can be a chore sometimes, but I still love it man.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K
Oh my God..it is absolutely brutal...under the best of circumstances. It takes me about 2 hours to edit/create an oldtime team in Finn's editor. That's not the editor's fault...it just takes that long to get all the names in, jersey numbers, adjust for birthdays, ht, wt, equipment...not to mention the ratings...the most important part!

I hear you man...it is brutal...but oh so rewarding. I look forward to your work. And yeah...the better include a roster conversion program with the new game that will allow you to use/port 2K5 rosters (including historic teams) into the new game. They better...but they won't...

C
Old 02-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
it just takes that long to get all the names in, jersey numbers, adjust for birthdays, ht, wt, equipment...not to mention the ratings...the most important part!
WOW. i did NOT know you adjusted the b-days, ht, wt, equipment, ect! you just vaulted way up the list of my fav roster makers

lol- whenever i considered DLing your package I was always like:
"eh, ive typed in the names for 10 historic teams or so... but it's just not the same w/o correct colleges, good ratings, etc."

nice work-- def will be appreciated
Old 02-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP

couple of suggestions for your '90 Bills edit if you're interested:

Receivers
Reed and Lofton are flip-flopped.

-Andre Reed was a possession receiver (called the best RAC guy of all time by HOF coach Marv Levy), but did not exactly specialize in deep routes nor was he a burner. He should be the #1 rec w/ the 94 CTH and 96 RRT.

-Lofton was the fastest receiver on the team-- he was the guy who stretched secondaries and should be the #2 guy w/ the 93 speed

-Don Beebe was a SPD guy (4.3 40-yd dash), who didn't have the best hands (CTH), but he sure was tough as nails.

-Steve Tasker was a pro bowl tackler on special teams almost every year of his career-- just a punishing hitter. Many consider him to be the greatest special teamer of all time. He rarely played actual WR save one year in the late 90s due to injuries.
Linebackers
-Daryl Talley was the premier OUTSIDE linebacker in the BUF 3-4 that year-- honestly, he was the best defensive player on the team after Smith. To hammer that home, Talley, Bennett and Conlan all made the Pro Bowl.

-Ray Bentley (97OVR OLB) should be replaced w/ Talley. Bentley was the 3rd OLB behind Talley and Bennett, rather than Garner who only played 10 games that year.

-Carlton Bailey was the 4th linebacker in their 3-4 that year, starting in the middle next to Conlan

-Although it's a judgement call, IMO the contributing linebacker you're missing is Marvcus Patton who went on to be a starter later, but contributed signifcantly in all 16 gms of 1990 as the 3rd ILB backing up Conlan & Bailey. I would put him on the team ahead of Hal Garner.

DEFENSIVE LINE
-Mike Lodish was in a rotation at tackle w/ starting NT Jeff Wright
-So, Wright should be #1 DT, Lodish #2 and Hunter should be switched to reserve DE w/ Mark Pike (another Pro Bowl special teamer)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
Banned

Puja,

Duly noted. Thanks.

I apologize for the delay. I am having a problem with the 66 Chiefs using Finn's editor. When I save the file it changes a bunch of last names to Tyrer, who is one of the players on the team, and I cannot figure out why. Gonna put them down for a bit and finish 67 Packers which is almost a clone of 66 team.

Then 71 and 73 Dolphins...that will be it for first batch.

C
Old 02-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
MVP

no problem- thanks for working on all these teams. no ques it's a massive project all-in-all. it's a great gift to the 2k5 community
Old 02-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #14
Banned

Ok...need help here...have 3 teams that say "damaged" when I go to load to game. 66 Chiefs and 62 and 67 Packers. Neither are initial includes with the game, so I used 69 Chiefs and 66 Packers as templates. I can't figure out why these files are tanking. can anyone familiar with Fiin's editor take a look, read them in, and let me know? You may see anomalies like many players with same last name, or different first names than what they really are. Bizarre.

I should note that there are multiples of same player since I had to often use a player to cover multiple positions since the older team rarely had 53 players. For instance, you may see a CB and then also see him as a backup FS or SS. Or a G who will be a backup T. These are not errors, but required due to file requirements.

Thanks for any and all help...

C
Attached Files
File Type: zip Historic problem files.zip (44.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by capa; 02-10-2007 at 07:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »