Home

Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

This is a discussion on Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

I know they both use 0-99 for player attributes. But now that I have a new franchise for my NFL 2K5 to play w/ I want to fix alot of the player ratings & make each player as realistic as possible.

Now I found this Ratings Chart in 1 of my older Madden Strategy guides that shows what rating a player should have based on how well they do in a 40 yard dash,Shuttle,Cone Drill,Bench Press,& Vertical Jump (for new rookies when scouting them in a Franchise I guess). Should I use this Chart (Madden Ratings) for ALL players in my NFL 2K5 or is 2K5 different w/ their attributes (ex. Most Players in Madden have alot higher speed,agility & strength ratings than what they do in 2k)??

How does everybody do it?? Is there a Ratings Chart for player attributes for NFL 2K5??

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-04-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

I don't know if a ratings chart was ever made for NFL2K5, but I do know that in the in-game manual it states that player ratings such as speed and strength are based on each player's real-life NFL Combine numbers.

Don't know if that helps, but it might help get you started if you were to do something like this.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I don't know if a ratings chart was ever made for NFL2K5, but I do know that in the in-game manual it states that player ratings such as speed and strength are based on each player's real-life NFL Combine numbers.

Don't know if that helps, but it might help get you started if you were to do something like this.
Thanks it at least gives me a better idea on how they do it. I wasn't really sure because like I said Madden & 2K5 look like they do ratings differently. As I said above the players on Madden have higher strength,speed & Agility ratings. I wonder though if I were to use madden ratings for the players in 2K5 would the game play be less realistic??

It says that in the strategy guide or the manual that comes w/ the game??

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-04-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Another difference is that 2k ratings are position specific.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
Thanks it at least gives me a better idea on how they do it. I wasn't really sure because like I said Madden & 2K5 look like they do ratings differently. As I said above the players on Madden have higher strength,speed & Agility ratings. I wonder though if I were to use madden ratings for the players in 2K5 would the game play be less realistic??

It says that in the strategy guide or the manual that comes w/ the game??
I wouldn't know for sure how changing the ratings to the Madden ratings would change the game. I would venture to guess that the star players would be more prominent as (at least from my perspective) their physical ratings on Madden are sometimes inflated.

As for your second question, there is a manual that is several hundred pages long built into the game itself. I forget how to get to it exactly as I sold my XBOX when APF2K8 was officially announced, but it's nothing more than simple main menu navigation to get to it. There's a section in there about player ratings, which I was referencing when responding to your first post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
Rookie

What does everybody recomenned?? How should I do the 2k5 ratings?? Just copy Madden 07 attributes for each player or is there a BETTER way??

I just want each player to play & be as realistic as possible.

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-04-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
What does everybody recomenned?? How should I do the 2k5 ratings?? Just copy Madden 07 attributes for each player or is there a BETTER way??

I just want each player to play & be as realistic as possible.
I'd personally just stay with the 2K5 ratings. 2K5 plays different than Madden (and it plays pretty well in its own right); no need to try to make play like Madden.

If you are playing on XBOX and have an Action Replay, there are updated rosters floating around on this forum you can use if you want an up-to-date roster that rate the players in the same spirit of the original ratings.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I'd personally just stay with the 2K5 ratings. 2K5 plays different than Madden (and it plays pretty well in its own right); no need to try to make play like Madden.

If you are playing on XBOX and have an Action Replay, there are updated rosters floating around on this forum you can use if you want an up-to-date roster that rate the players in the same spirit of the original ratings.
Ok thanks.

Yeah I have an updated Roster (well Franchise) now I just wanted to tinker w/ the ratings because I 'm not sure if their realistic but then again I was using the ratings in Madden 07 as a guide....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »