Home

vswitzer's AGG tweak/slider combo ver. 1.0

This is a discussion on vswitzer's AGG tweak/slider combo ver. 1.0 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2
vswitzer's AGG tweak/slider combo ver. 1.0

I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now and I'm pretty happy with the results I've been getting, so I figured it was time to release my work for further testing... hopefully some of you guys can give me a hand with that.

What you should see:
Improved OL/DL interaction
Improved CB/WR interaction
Free and lead blockers with a higher tendency of picking up the closest defender (including pulling linemen and punt/kick return blockers)
More deflections by the secondary
Rare catch and tackle animations used more frequently
More tackles by defensive linemen
A decrease in the effectiveness of the post route
Less doh! animations and fewer dropped passes by receivers
...other things I can't think of right now

Other Notes:
I haven't messed with QBs much, as they seem to play fine without being touched... I may tweak the composure rating if people start running into INT problems.
Kickers and punters were left alone...
I've tested this on daflyboys' roster, dan77733's roster2k7, puja21's roster, and the default roster, but I've only done extensive testing on the latter two.

For Best Results:
Keep in mind these are just personal suggestions and will be the default settings in the sliders.
Quarter Length: 6-7 mins
Game Speed: Fast (Highly Recommended, excppt for daflyboy's roster)
Performance EQ: Off (Highly Recommended)

Instructions:
1. Open roster file with Finn's Editor
2. Click the Global Editor icon
3. Select "All Teams" in the first column
4. Select desired Position(s) in the second column
5. Select "Aggressiveness" in the third column
6. Input specified number into the Value box
7. Click "Update"
8. Click "Reset" and repeat steps 3-7 until all positions are updated.

I've included a list of the ratings in excel format with the positions listed in same order as they appear in the Global Editor, but basically it goes:
WR: 100
Secondary: 90
LB's: 90
RB: 80
FB/TE: 127
OL: 110
DL: 80

If you don't have access to Finn's editor, I'll be more than happy to implement the tweak on any Roster file you e-mail me ([email protected]) but I won't release someone else's roster file in this thread unless its been specifically requested and then OKed by the roster creator.

I'm really excited to hear some feedback on this.
Attached Files
File Type: rar AGG.rar (2.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_vswitzerOct1.zip (9.0 KB, 16 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Re: vswitzer's AGG tweak/slider combo ver. 1.0

Mods: If you feel it necessary to move this to the Sliders forum, go for it. I posted this in the Roster forum because the tweak is the more important part... but go ahead and move it if you have to.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Could you do this with a PS2 roster file?????
Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

slap....I don't think the AGG.rar was meant to be an Xbox save (can't check it at work here). Isn't the other a slider file?

I for one am interested at trying this out later. I love the way I have the rosters playing right now, I'm just wanting to get rid of the goofy DB animations once and for all. Switz....I really don't have a problem WR/TE's dropping some balls here and there. Yes, when you see it you think to yourself "should have had it", but then again, how many times in a real game do you say that??
Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
slap....I don't think the AGG.rar was meant to be an Xbox save (can't check it at work here). Isn't the other a slider file?
Thanks, I see it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Whatever you uploaded is not a valid Xbox save.

And are people suppose to download what you tried to post and then put the aggressiveness at those levels?? It would've been a lot easier if it was already done.

Just my opinion.
This is just sort of an aggression formula that can be implemented on any roster, as it seems to translate pretty well since I've tried it on at least six different roster files (I started messing with this sometime last year, but got sidetracked with baseball and then lost my copy of the game)...

And I guess I should have mentioned that it takes all of 2 minutes to feed this into the editor and be done...

and no... theres no way this can be done on the PS2... sorry.

Last edited by Vin; 10-01-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: someone already answered the question
Old 10-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I for one am interested at trying this out later. I love the way I have the rosters playing right now, I'm just wanting to get rid of the goofy DB animations once and for all. Switz....I really don't have a problem WR/TE's dropping some balls here and there. Yes, when you see it you think to yourself "should have had it", but then again, how many times in a real game do you say that??
The dropped passes aren't the problem. Its the two or three times a game when you throw a pass and the receiver his it bounce off one of his arms when they're like 2 feet apart (thats what I refer to as the doh! animation)...

You'll still have dropped passes and whatnot... they just won't look as stupid sometimes...

and yeah man, definitely try it out and let me know... I only played a couple of games with your rosters but I liked what I saw.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswitzer
The dropped passes aren't the problem. Its the two or three times a game when you throw a pass and the receiver his it bounce off one of his arms when they're like 2 feet apart (thats what I refer to as the doh! animation)...

You'll still have dropped passes and whatnot... they just won't look as stupid sometimes...

and yeah man, definitely try it out and let me know... I only played a couple of games with your rosters but I liked what I saw.

You know if this works...I will HAVE TO kiss you..... I'm sorry, it's the law.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »