Home

dan77733's EDITED "roster2K7" and "franchise2K7" files

This is a discussion on dan77733's EDITED "roster2K7" and "franchise2K7" files within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
dan77733's EDITED "roster2K7" and "franchise2K7" files

Hey everyone, since I edited several teams from 4-3 to 3-4 and vice versa as well as switching several teams playbooks, I decided that I mine as well post my roster2K7 and franchise2K7 files again. These two files are based on the 2006 NFL season schedule and as of right now, will be the final ones that I post for last season.

roster2K7 FEATURES -

1) All existing players that were in VC's final roster update were advanced two years pro
2) Auto body type was used with my personal setup (0-199 = skinny, 200-269 = normal, 270 - 319 = large and 320 - 450 = extra large)
3) All 32 teams have 54 players
4) Over 550 players have been added to the roster file
5) Any player who doesnt have an in-game photo has been given "no photo"
6) 123 free agents available. All 123 free agents are players that were drafted in 2004, 2005 and 2006. These 123 players were either actual free agents or in some cases, were put in free agency in order to have roster spots for other positions in order to get close to or equal the game's "team needs" setup
7) 97 remaining free agents are veterans who were edited to zero so the CPU wouldnt sign them during franchise mode. The majority of these players will be overwritten into the 2007 NFL Draft Class when the time comes
8) All re-naming was done in Finn's editor
9) All re-naming was done by overwriting veteran players who werent on any team's roster at the time
10) All re-naming was done within the same position except for several OT's. These few OT's were originally DT's but were edited because I had no more OL to re-name
11) No player is linked to another player
12) Player ratings are based on their 2005 season statistics
13) Depth Charts are in order of player ratings
14) Kick and Punt returners are based on the actual 2006 season
15) Every player's height and weight is based on the football book I have - ATS Consultants' 2006 Ultimate Pro Football Annual
16) I went through all 1,948 players in-game to adjust their face and / or skin tone in order to be as accurate as possible. Players whose face and skin tone cant be edited in-game were left as is
17) I went through all 1,948 players in Finn's editor and made sure that "dreads" were accurate
18) I went through the play by play name for all 1,948 players in Finn's editor. If the last name was available, it will be said during gameplay
19) Three players have full names listed for their play by play - Cowboys DT Marcus Spears, Lions WR Mike Williams and Falcons CB Jimmy Williams
20) No renaming whatsoever was done in-game
21) No created player slots were used in-game
22) Several teams have been edited from the 3-4 defense to the 4-3 defense or vice versa. Several teams have also had their default playbook switched to another team. All info is posted below.
23) Every RB and WR have had their "run style" edited to either "finesse" or "power". This makes the game somewhat more difficult because the moves that used to work for "balanced" players dont have the same affect and/or impact as they did before
24) Global Edits have been added and my setup has been posted below
25) Large Attributes have been added to two players who are both listed below
26) I have also created my own edits which I like to call "dan edits". Every player's overall rating and attribute ends in a 0, 2, 5, 7 or 8. The setup that I use is listed below
27) "Dan edits" also applies to every team's offensive, defensive and overall rating
28) Excluding global edits, no attribute is lower than 20
29) Every player on every team has been "re-assigned" to their team. This eliminates overpaid and underpaid players by having the CPU randomly setup a contract for them. Every player is at or about what they should be paid in the game. Salaries are based on overall rating, position and years pro. Also, every player now has a penalty attached to their salary
30) Shoe types 1, 2 and 6 were used for the Bears, Buccaneers and Steelers. Shoe types 1, 2 and 3 were used for the other 29 other teams as well as free agents
31) Out of the 765 players that were drafted in 2004, 2005 and 2006, 761 of them are in this roster file. The four players that were not added were RB Maurice Clarett (2005, Broncos, in prison), WR Terrence Murphy (2005, Packers, retired/spinal injury), DT Christian Ferrara (2004, 49ers, retired/back injury), and FS Justin Beriault (2005, Cowboys, retired/injury)
32) I have a drafted rookie rating setup for all drafted players. My setup is listed below
33) All undrafted rookies since 2004 have been rated 40 and are then increased based on season stats. Be advised that not all of these undrafted players have been adjusted due to the fact that I was going to wait until my 2K8 roster to do so
34) Be advised that the following three free agents have been re-created due to the fact that they would not appear during the coin toss when listed as the LWR or LCB despite the fact that they are supposed to. Their career stats remain intact for those who want to bring the originals back. The three players were - WR Donte Stallworth (Eagles), CB Rashean Mathis (Jaguars) and CB Mike McKenzie (Saints)
35) Every player's overall rating and consistency attribute have been made the same. This is something new that im testing out and im looking forward to seeing how this plays in franchise mode. In other words, if a player's overall rating is 90, his consistency attribute is also 90. This was done for a few reasons. First, no matter what a player is rated, his consistency should be the same because well, that's why he has the overall rating that he has. For example, QB Peyton Manning is rated 98 overall and thus his consistency should be the same because he's definitely consistent year in and year out. Second, because the consistency attribute affects the overall rating, the higher a player is rated, the lower his core attributes will be where as the lower a player is rated, the higher his core attributes will be. Third, a lot of people wanted to know a player's overall rating in Finn's editor. This allows you to know every player's overall rating
36) Every kicker and punter's overall rating, consistency and composure attribute have been made the same. For kicker's and punter's, only kick power, kick accuracy, consistency and composure affect their overall rating
37) Every QB, K and P have been given their correct "best hand"
38) My "roster2K7" file was tested out in franchise mode using the game's default season schedule (2004) and im happy to report that no freezing occured at any time during the season or the playoffs
39) My global edit setup, large attribute setup, drafted rookie rating setup, run style setup and my own personal "dan edits" setup are all listed below
40) This is for Xbox only

- A huge thanks goes out to FINN for creating the ESPN NFL 2K5 gamesave editor which has allowed us all to keep playing the hell out of 2K5. I personally want to say THANK YOU and that everything you've done with your editor is greatly appreciated.

3-4 teams (playbook) -

49ers (Ravens)
Browns (Patriots)
Cardinals (Steelers)*
Chargers (Chargers)
Cowboys (Texans)
Jets (Patriots)
Patriots (Patriots)
Steelers (Steelers)

4-3 teams (playbook) -

Ravens (Browns)
Texans (Broncos)

Playbook changes only -

Bills (Lions)
Raiders (49ers)
Titans (Cardinals)
Vikings (Eagles)

NOTES -

1) I know that the Cardinals didnt run the 3-4 base defense in 2006 but I switched them from the 4-3 to the 3-4 for three reasons. First, I wanted 8 teams out of 32 to run the 3-4 defense in order to get the ratio at 3-1 (or 25% if you prefer). Second, I wanted to assign their playbook to the Cardinals. And third, when I create my roster2K8 file, I figured that they would already be done.
2) I assigned the Texans playbook for the Cowboys instead of the Chargers due to the fact that Wade Phillips was in SD in 2006. The Chargers playbook will be assigned to the Cowboys in my roster2K8 file.
3) I switched the Bills, Raiders, Titans and Vikings playbooks because I want all the 4-3 teams to just run that defense. These four teams have other base defenses in their respective team's playbook that I dont want them run defensively.
4) All 32 teams run the 4-3 or the 3-4 defense. No team has both.
5) The reason why I dont want any team to run both the 4-3 and 3-4 defense is because of two reasons. First, the 3-4 and 4-3 depth charts are connected to each other and that kind of annoys me because neither work the way they should and second, teams that ran both defenses used the 4-3 as their normal defense and only used the 3-4 base defense. I find it stupid to have a team run the 4-3 base, nickel and dime formations but only have one 3-4 defensive formation available in the playbook which is always the 3-4 base defense.

GLOBAL EDITS -

Position
(global rating) - attribute

QB
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(25) - Aggressiveness
(90) - Stamina

RB
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(90) - Stamina

FB
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina and Aggressiveness

WR
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(90) - Stamina

TE
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy

C, OG and OT
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(90) - Aggressiveness

K and P
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Jumping, Pass Rush, Run Coverage, Coverage, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Tackle and Aggressiveness
(40) - Stamina

DT and DE
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Jumping, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(70) - Stamina
(90) - Aggressiveness

OLB and ILB
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Jumping, Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Catch, Run Route, Break Tackle, Hold Ball, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy

CB, SS and FS
(5) - Scramble
(10) - Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Run Route, Break Tackle, Pass Accuracy, Pass Strength, Pass Read Coverage, Kick Power and Kick Accuracy
(25) - Aggressiveness
(40) - Catch and Hold Ball
(90) - Stamina

LARGE ATTRIBUTES -

I used this option for only two players. Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander and Bears ILB Brian Urlacher. Alexander was the 2005 NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year while Urlacher was the 2005 Defensive Player of the Year. Because both players are rated 100 overall, their consistency attribute must be the same since im trying something new that connects the overall rating and the consistency attribute together. The Large Attribute option was only used for the consistency attribute so I could set it at 100 for Alexander and Urlacher.

The Large Attribute option is non-existent otherwise. And be advised that if you plan on editing Alexander or Urlacher, their consistency attribute will go to 99 if you edit them in Finn's editor without the Large Attribute option enabled and click "accept". In-game, both will appear as 100 and will stay that way unless you edit the attribute itself.

RUN STYLE -

BALANCED - QB, K and P
FINESSE - CB, SS and FS
POWER - FB, TE, C, OG, OT, DT, DE, OLB and ILB
FINESSE or POWER - RB and WR

DAN EDITS -

DAN edits is my own personal setup when it comes to rating teams and players. Every team's offensive, defensive and overall rating in addition to every player's overall rating and attribute ends with a zero, two, five, seven or eight. The reason I did this is twofold. First, as you'll see below, my drafted rookie rating setup is the same way. Second, I wanted there to be separation between the starters and the backups. This same setup was used in my "roster2K6" file. Also, the reason why 77 is used instead of 78 is because I wanted it to be closer to 75 than it is to 80 and because I view the 80 rating as the start of the great to elite players. The complete rating setup is listed below.

20, 22, 25, 28, 30, 32, 35, 38, 40, 42, 45, 48, 50, 52, 55, 58, 60, 62, 65, 68, 70, 72, 75, 77, 80, 82, 85, 88, 90, 92, 95, 98 and 100.

ROOKIE RATING SETUP -

Round/Selection/Overall Rating

2004 NFL DRAFT -

1) 1-10 (82)
1) 11 - 20 (80)
1) 21 - 32 (77)
2) 33 - 48 (77)
2) 49 - 64 (75)
3) 65 - 80 (72)
3) 81 - 96 (70)
4) 97 - 114 (68)
4) 115 - 132 (65)
5) 133 - 148 (62)
5) 149 - 165 (60)
6) 166 - 183 (58)
6) 184 - 201 (55)
7) 202 - 228 (52)
7) 229 - 255 (50)

2005 NFL DRAFT -

1) 1-10 (82)
1) 11 - 20 (80)
1) 21 - 32 (77)
2) 33 - 48 (77)
2) 49 - 64 (75)
3) 65 - 82 (72)
3) 83 - 101 (70)
4) 102 - 118 (68)
4) 119 - 136 (65)
5) 137 - 155 (62)
5) 156 - 174 (60)
6) 175 - 194 (58)
6) 195 - 214 (55)
7) 215 - 234 (52)
7) 235 - 255 (50)

2006 NFL DRAFT -

1) 1-10 (82)
1) 11 - 20 (80)
1) 21 - 32 (77)
2) 33 - 48 (77)
2) 49 - 64 (75)
3) 65 - 80 (72)
3) 81 - 97 (70)
4) 98 - 115 (68)
4) 116 - 133 (65)
5) 134 - 151 (62)
5) 152 - 169 (60)
6) 170 - 188 (58)
6) 189 - 208 (55)
7) 209 - 231 (52)
7) 232 - 255 (50)

The first round consists of overall ratings of 82, 80 and 77. Draft picks 1-10 are rated 82 overall with draft picks 11-20 rated 80 overall and draft picks 21-32 rated 77 overall. Rounds 2-7 have two overall ratings each and are based on where the player was drafted. These rounds are basically split in half with the higher overall rating given to the players that were drafted higher. Some may not like this but I think that it allows every player to be rated fairly based on where they were drafted. Team and position has no affect on my rookie rating setup. All undrafted rookies are automatically rated 40 overall.

franchise2K7 FEATURES -

1) Uses my "roster2K7" file
2) All 32 teams are "user" controlled
3) NFL Salary Cap has been set at $102.50m
4) The actual and final 2006 NFL schedule is already included
5) Substitutions were made for ten teams and the information is listed below

SUBSTITUTIONS -

team / formation / position / player in (player out)

Chiefs / goalline / FS / FS Greg Wesley (FS Jarrad Page)
Colts / goalline / SS / SS Mike Doss (SS Marlin Jackson)
Dolphins / prevent / SS / SS Jason Allen (SS Tarvares Tillman)
Dolphins / nickel / OLB / OLB Channing Crowder (OLB Donnie Spragan)
Eagles / nickel / OLB / OLB Dhani Jones (OLB Matt McCoy)
Jaguars / goalline / SS / SS Donovin Darius (SS Gerald Sensabaugh)
Panthers / kickoff / K / K John Kasay (P Jason Baker)
Raiders / dime / FS / SS Stuart Schweigert (FS Jarrod Cooper)

OPTIONS -

Difficulty: Legend (as is)
Penalties: On (all)
Penalty Sliders: Default (as is)
Fumble Slider: Default (as is)
Interception Slider: Default (as is)
Injury Slider: Default (as is)

Quarter Length: 5 minutes
Play Calling: By Formation
Speed: Normal
Challenges: On
Coach Mode: Off
Performance EQ: Off
Hot Routes: Off

Player Indicator: Name
Action Replays: Off
Stat Overlays: On
On Screen Text: On
Sports Ticker: Off
Vibration: Off

Audio Presentation: Custom
TV Broadcast Volume: Max
PA Volume: Max
Sound Effects Volume: Max
Crowd Volume: Max
Player Voice Volume: Max
Menu Music: Off
Crib Music: Crib Only
Use Custom Stadium Music: Off

FRANCHISE OPTIONS -

Pre-Season: On
Weekly Prep: Off
First Person: Off
Customize League: Off
Fantasy Draft Roster: Off
Trade Deadline: On
Owner Firing: Off
Edit Rookies: Off
Simulate Quarter Length: 5 minutes

Draft Players: Player
Sign Draft Picks: Player
Re-Sign Players: Player
Sign and Release Players: Player
Update Depth Chart: Player

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS -

CAMERA -

Camera: Standard
QB Pivot: On
Runner Pivot: Off
Pass Play Zoom Out: Off

AUTO SUBSTITUTIONS -

Auto Subs In: 5%
Auto Subs Out: 5%
Injury Status: Healthy

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how all the depth chart and playbook edits workout. Anyway, enjoy the roster and franchise files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_roster2K7.zip (251.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_franchise2.zip (256.2 KB, 54 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: dan77733's EDITED "roster2K7" and "franchise2K7" files

the consistency idea is interesting but IMHO it messes w/ the other attributes too much: for example, to "contain" Peyton Manning @ 98 OVR while also having 98 CON I noticed you had to drop his CMP pretty steeply to a 77... this for a guy who's been sacked just over 1 time per game over the past 5 years.

CMP affects QB ability to throw accurately in the face of the pass rush-- in practice this impacts their release time. If you have an extremely low CMP QB throwing while the DL is diving at him, he is much more likely to trigger the slow release animation & force the sack... sort of the opposite of how a well-composed punter will almost always get the "speedy punt" animation when he is backed up in his own endzone to avoid the block.

I'm also intrigued by the even playing field for CMP & CON for kickers & punters...
Quote:
36) Every kicker and punter's overall rating, consistency and composure attribute have been made the same. For kicker's and punter's, only kick power, kick accuracy, consistency and composure affect their overall rating
EDIT: it seems like this didn't make it into the roster file for all special teamers; Nate Harris 70 CON, Chris Hanson 90 CON, created players, 40 CON/CMP... is this just for recently drafted players?
It seems like a lot of the new SpTmers are rated in the 40s & 50s (even their relevant attributes). Did you rank these guys according to your statbook like the other position players, or is intentional for another reason? For instance, Matt McBriar (40 OVR) was in the default roster as a rookie. He was undrafted but Jason Peters was too & is a 75 OVR. Although Peters is regarded as all-pro caliber by most scouts, he isn't as decorated statistically as McBriar, who has been voted to a pro bowl, had the highest avg in 40+ years, has a 75 yd punt to his name, & is the NFLs highest paid punter. Basically, I'm just wondering if special teamers fall into the same window as the other players rated to your "draft position" scale.

Nice job of course in spite of the questions-- you've obviously put a ton of time into these & the detail is excellent

Last edited by puja21; 10-22-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

nice work Dan!

thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
the consistency idea is interesting but IMHO it messes w/ the other attributes too much: for example, to "contain" Peyton Manning @ 98 OVR while also having 98 CON I noticed you had to drop his CMP pretty steeply to a 77... this for a guy who's been sacked just over 1 time per game over the past 5 years.

CMP affects QB ability to throw accurately in the face of the pass rush-- in practice this impacts their release time. If you have an extremely low CMP QB throwing while the DL is diving at him, he is much more likely to trigger the slow release animation & force the sack... sort of the opposite of how a well-composed punter will almost always get the "speedy punt" animation when he is backed up in his own endzone to avoid the block.

I'm also intrigued by the even playing field for CMP & CON for kickers & punters...

EDIT: it seems like this didn't make it into the roster file for all special teamers; Nate Harris 70 CON, Chris Hanson 90 CON, created players, 40 CON/CMP... is this just for recently drafted players?
It seems like a lot of the new SpTmers are rated in the 40s & 50s (even their relevant attributes). Did you rank these guys according to your statbook like the other position players, or is intentional for another reason? For instance, Matt McBriar (40 OVR) was in the default roster as a rookie. He was undrafted but Jason Peters was too & is a 75 OVR. Although Peters is regarded as all-pro caliber by most scouts, he isn't as decorated statistically as McBriar, who has been voted to a pro bowl, had the highest avg in 40+ years, has a 75 yd punt to his name, & is the NFLs highest paid punter. Basically, I'm just wondering if special teamers fall into the same window as the other players rated to your "draft position" scale.

Nice job of course in spite of the questions-- you've obviously put a ton of time into these & the detail is excellent
Regarding the QB question regarding Colts QB Peyton Manning. I didnt want to lower his main passing attributes so I lowered his composure attribute instead but I figured that it made sense considering the fact that since my ratings are based off the 2005 season and that the Colts lost to the Steelers and that Manning was pressured a lot and when he is, he doesnt play well at all. I'm actually going to have every QB, K and P composure and consistency attributes the same as their overall rating in my 2K8 roster. I thought about doing this in this posted update but I didnt want to take the time to do it for all the QB's since I'll have Manhunt 2 and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns to play within the next month and I still have several teams that I want to play a season with and if I dont win the SB, I play with the team again, like im currently doing with the Eagles.

All undrafted players are rated 40 overall and then increased accordingly. I just didnt get around to editing all the undrafted players since 2004 but im very much aware of McBriar but since he did awesome in 2006 (and just average in 2005), I decided to just leave him that way until my 2K8 roster. And since I dont punt as much as others who play 2K5, I wasnt as concerned with punters as I was with other positions especially starters. Kickers is a different story though. Even though I'll be going through all the kickers (and punters) when I create my 2K8 roster, I wasnt as concerned with them as much as I was with other positions. In general, all kickers and punters overall rating should be the same as their consistency and composure attributes.

In regards to Bills OT Jason Peters, I gave him a 75 overall rating for a few reasons. He's a starter and is easily the Bills best OT. I didnt want Gandy rated higher because I dont think that he's better than Peters. Also, since Peters was an UDFA and is now a starter and again the Bills best OT, I thought that he deserved a huge rating increase. If he was still a backup, he most likely would still be rated 40.

Thanks for the compliments and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
MVP

^cool thanks for answering all my questions

it's a nice roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Three players have full names listed for their play by play - Cowboys DT Marcus Spears, Lions WR Mike Williams and Falcons CB Jimmy Williams
^you should add Chris Kuper to that list (PBP entry "Cooper, Chris")
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

dan...I'm not understanding why you didn't go with this year's rosters?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
MVP

IIRC he said he is working on updating them to this season now-- creating 2006 was the first step.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »