Home

Changing Names and CAP's

This is a discussion on Changing Names and CAP's within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Changing Names and CAP's

I'm about to fire up NFL 2k5 now that it's BC on the 360. However, I'd like the rosters to be as close to the 07-08 season as possible and I don't have those fancy gatchets you guys use to transfer files so I was planning on doing a lot by hand.

My question is: If I remember correctly there were only a certain amount of available CAP's in the game, but is there also a certain amount of times you can change a player's name as well?

For example, if I wanted to change a scrub player's name and attributes to resemble those of Devin Hester, is there a certain amount of times I can do that or can I change as many as I'd like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Changing Names and CAP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
I'm about to fire up NFL 2k5 now that it's BC on the 360. However, I'd like the rosters to be as close to the 07-08 season as possible and I don't have those fancy gatchets you guys use to transfer files so I was planning on doing a lot by hand.

My question is: If I remember correctly there were only a certain amount of available CAP's in the game, but is there also a certain amount of times you can change a player's name as well?

For example, if I wanted to change a scrub player's name and attributes to resemble those of Devin Hester, is there a certain amount of times I can do that or can I change as many as I'd like?
Both are limited. Not sure of the exact numbers but the best you could do is probably around 60 to 70 percent correct roster.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

That's fine. I want to get my Bears team correct, and then pretty much just the big names for the other teams, like first round draft classes and guys who are 85+.

Thanks Finn I appreciate it, does anyone know the exact number for either? That way I could plan accordingly
Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Banned

I'm curious as well. I'm not willing to spend $50 now to update the rosters of a 3-4 year old game.

I am willing to put in some time to update as many teams as I can, though. So I'd be curious.

I may try creating a bunch of players myself and just see - but I don't know why you can only edit a player so many times.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'm curious as well. I'm not willing to spend $50 now to update the rosters of a 3-4 year old game.

I am willing to put in some time to update as many teams as I can, though. So I'd be curious.

I may try creating a bunch of players myself and just see - but I don't know why you can only edit a player so many times.
If you think of purchasing an Xsata or Xport as a device for all your games rather than just for 2k5, the $50 isn't so bad. Just think of the other roster file/ game saves you'd be able to download. You can also transfer all of your original Xbox saves, if you had an Xbox, to your 360. Plus you can back up all of your HDD to your computer which can be a real plus if something ever goes wrong.

Back to the point, I think if you search for comments from Noplace or Rickster , I think they found out how much in game editing you can do a couple years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
Banned

I tried it out and at 47 Created Players, I could no longer create a new one.

So for created players it's 47 players.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 12-01-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

The number of players you can rename is not a exact limit. There is a finite character limit in the gamesave for renames. So once you add names whose lengths total the space available, renaming is done. Don't make mistakes though because the game never deletes renames. If you rename a player twice, both the names will stay in the rename space even though only the second one is used.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

^yeah, i remember an 05-06 roster I made "sans editor" which had 96 CAPs in addition to many default player renames

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »