Home

Another Question for Flying Finn????

This is a discussion on Another Question for Flying Finn???? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Another Question for Flying Finn????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
FINN hasnt cracked the ability to rename Head Coaches yet.
Actually in Puja21's latest roster file it appears that Finn has renamed the head coaches as I have just learned. I am not sure though why in his software he doesn't give the ability to change them from the user interface? And for that matter, why not change the stadium names too? I am not a game hacker so I don't understand the complexities of being able to do this but it seems as though Finn is pretty close to being able to do this as demonstrated by his ability to change the names of the coaches and there appearances. I would only knock him on the fact that he either purposely did not change the bios of some of the coaches or he just didn't care too. Either way, the guy appears to be capable of just about anything when it comes to this particular game. With all of the changes he has allowed for the game I don't know why 2K Sports hasn't offered him a job yet?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I can rename coaches manually. I just haven't found a clean way to expose it and keep the user from really messing the save up.
I was curious to know how you rename coaches manually using Finns 2K5 Editor program? I tried but the area is grayed out and not accessable. Would you care to share with the forum how you were able to accomplish this?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbus3
I was curious to know how you rename coaches manually using Finns 2K5 Editor program? I tried but the area is grayed out and not accessable. Would you care to share with the forum how you were able to accomplish this?
Nevermind....I just saw that it was Finn I was replying too. Of course this guy knows how to do this! Disregard my remarks Finn....sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
I can rename coaches manually. I just haven't found a clean way to expose it and keep the user from really messing the save up.
If you can rename coaches without any problems, why cant we? You should let us experiment with renaming head coaches and see what happens. That's how problems are found and solved. At the very least, you should have a list of all the head coaches for all 32 teams between 2004-2007.

Here's the list if it helps -

49ers
Mike Nolan (2005 - 2007)

Bills
Dick Jauron (2006 / 2007)

Browns
Romeo Crennel (2005 - 2007)

Cardinals
Ken Whisenhunt (2007)

Chargers
Norv Turner (2007)

Chiefs
Herm Edwards (2006 and 2007)

Cowboys
Bill Parcells (2004 - 2006)
Wade Phillips (2007)

Dolphins
Nick Saban (2005 and 2006)
Cam Cameron (2007)

Falcons
Bobby Petrino (2007)

Jets
Eric Mangini (2006 and 2007)

Lions
Rod Marinelli (2006 and 2007)

Packers
Mike McCarthy (2006 and 2007)

Raiders
Art Shell (2006)
Lane Kiffin (2007)

Rams
Scott Lineham (2006 and 2007)

Saints
Sean Payton (2006 and 2007)

Steelers
Mike Tomlin (2007)

Texans
Gary Kubiak (2007)

Vikings
Brad Childress (2006 and 2007)

This way, we can edit the head coaches on a year by year basis. After selecting the head coach from the list, we can select the photo and player model. That would be good.

Also, if there's a way to where we could add the name and the code in the configuration files, that would be great because I doubt that you'll want us bugging you every year to add more head coaches names so we can have everything updated.

And have you tried to edit the stadium names? I dont care if the commentators say it, I just want it to appear when starting a game. Thanks FINN.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Also... could you make it possibly for the pointer that points to player faces point to coaches?

For instance, it be good to point a head coaches photo headshot to unkXXXX photo.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
If you can rename coaches without any problems, why cant we?

Because I don't do it through the editor. Name space for coaches is fixed which causes some problems. One idea I have been toying with is allowing you to point coach names to existing player names. That way you could create players with coach names to get the coaches renamed.

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 01-18-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #15
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblutarheel
Also... could you make it possibly for the pointer that points to player faces point to coaches?

For instance, it be good to point a head coaches photo headshot to unkXXXX photo.
I believe that can be done and will be in the next release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
I believe that can be done and will be in the next release.
Wow!

Vince Lombardi will be back!!!!

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »