Home

Accurate stats?

This is a discussion on Accurate stats? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Accurate stats?

HI I'm just looking for a way to somehow get accurate stats that players would have in the NFL. I'm tired of my players always having more receptions, passing yards, tackles, etc., at the end of the season. I try and sim a whole season to get the right amount and either players have really poor stats or really high stats. I'm just looking if anybody can help me out with this if you know what i'm talking about. Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Accurate stats?

I think the general consensus is to put your sim qtr length to 5 mins. Actually, the way to get most accurate year-end stats would probably be to sim half the games at 5 mins and the other half at 6 mins.

Since you are talking about your team though, I imagine you are playing the games yourself. If so, i find 8 min qtrs playing on the fast game speed will give you a realistic amount of plays. Ideally you want to see 55-60 plays per team per game. Maybe less if the game is a low-scoring running affair and maybe more if there are alot of pass attempts. As long as your sliders are right, you should be getting realistic stats.

I think the avg NFL stats are:

215 yds passing per game
115 yds rushing per game

You should be getting stats that are close to those numbers.

One thing though, 2k5's sim engine isn't kind towards receivers and their numbers are gonna be low no matter what you do. The CPU spreads the ball around too much in the sims

Last edited by the_future420; 10-02-2008 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »