Home

All new rosters updated on 2krosters site

This is a discussion on All new rosters updated on 2krosters site within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #25
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: All new rosters updated on 2krosters site

It is a good one. He did the 86 roster too (which I will be editing and releasing as a season file on my next editng go-round).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #26
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
It is a good one. He did the 86 roster too (which I will be editing and releasing as a season file on my next editng go-round).
I like that roster too, LT is a MONSTER, if I didn't sack Andre Ware I was pummeling him with fully charged hits after he released the ball. I saved a replay where LT split a double team and got a sack.

Is anyone contemplating a 1968 roster, the last year of the AFL and NFL? We need a couple more 60's and 70's rosters, years where Jim Brown and Gale Sayers had their best years, etc.

I like the yearly rosters better than having all classic rosters because you can play as a bad team against a classic team. I like playing with the Jets or Giants against the best teams of that year, etc. Plus you can play a season with your favorite team in different generations.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 20

lets at least give him some pub... it's DreadedSteeler who put out '79 & '86 for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Whoever did that roster seems to have loaded the players stats also and they appear in the game
not exactly-- he just edited the players into their 1979/86 counterparts... so, Quincy Carter, Ben Roethlisberger whoever is the 2K5 default roster QB w/ the best stats for DAL or PIT is turned into Staubach & Bradshaw respectively.

Jerome Bettis would be Franco Harris I guess... I haven't checked to see exactly who overwrote whom, but I know that's how it was done. There is no way to load player stats unfortunately but the way DreadedSteeler created those rosters is nice nevertheless

And they are old too... he was cranking out historic files way before the rest of us-- way before BadAl's program made it over here or Dophin's site was up... those 2 rosters are 3+ years old
Old 12-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

which rosters do you recommend for the new season? Because there are 3 options to choose from but which 1 is the most realistic 1?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #29
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
lets at least give him some pub... it's DreadedSteeler who put out '79 & '86 for us

not exactly-- he just edited the players into their 1979/86 counterparts... so, Quincy Carter, Ben Roethlisberger whoever is the 2K5 default roster QB w/ the best stats for DAL or PIT is turned into Staubach & Bradshaw respectively.

Jerome Bettis would be Franco Harris I guess... I haven't checked to see exactly who overwrote whom, but I know that's how it was done. There is no way to load player stats unfortunately but the way DreadedSteeler created those rosters is nice nevertheless

And they are old too... he was cranking out historic files way before the rest of us-- way before BadAl's program made it over here or Dophin's site was up... those 2 rosters are 3+ years old
I watched the intro during a Raiders game where they showed Cliff Branch's career average of catches and yards per game, even if they're not his stats it's a really cool effect, also during a game the announcer focused on Earl Campbell and showed his stats from last year, they were probably Eddie George's but they were pretty close to an Earl year.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 20

i agree it's a nice touch by him that follows the 2K5 tone of keeping you in the game along w/ the rest of their presentation

hopefully someday we'll be able to import stats directly from sites like databasefootball or profootballreference
Old 12-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hi everyone. Im new to this site. I play Madden 09. But I always hear about people still playing 2k5. I loved 2k5 back in the day. I dont understand how Madden has an ESPN license, yet theres no pre game, halftime, post game shows. No meet ups for the coin flip and my list go's on and on. And the defense is straight up garbage.

Anyways, my question to you guys is where and how do I download recent rosters to my 360 for 2k5. Can someone PM me untill I find my way around this site. I would be forever grateful. My gamer tag for the 360 is DAMIEN 138. I hope my friends at EA studios and my friends on the development team for Madden 09 dont get pissed at me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #32
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLFanSince1979
Hi everyone. Im new to this site. I play Madden 09. But I always hear about people still playing 2k5. I loved 2k5 back in the day. I dont understand how Madden has an ESPN license, yet theres no pre game, halftime, post game shows. No meet ups for the coin flip and my list go's on and on. And the defense is straight up garbage.

Anyways, my question to you guys is where and how do I download recent rosters to my 360 for 2k5. Can someone PM me untill I find my way around this site. I would be forever grateful. My gamer tag for the 360 is DAMIEN 138. I hope my friends at EA studios and my friends on the development team for Madden 09 dont get pissed at me.
It's easier if you have an old xbox and an action replay cable and xbox memory card. You need the data migration cable to get the rosters for the 360, there is a sticky at the top of the roster forum with instructions. Everything you need is in the forums here. The game with the updated and classic rosters is so much better than Madden 09 it's not even funny, my copy has been collecting dust for months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »