Home

moving players in Finn's editor

This is a discussion on moving players in Finn's editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
moving players in Finn's editor

^is this possible^

the reason i ask this is i converted puja's file to a PAL ps2 format, but have goten problems with preseason simming - don't know whether it froze or was taking hours, i didn't give it time.

As a result i am trying a different method of xbox ps2 conversion like connel3 and torrente have done before, using import export team.

A problem i have run into is the bears on Puja's file have a roster of 50 players and i am iporting them over a roster which has 54 players.

4 players therefore remain from the original team. How can i remove them, or is this not possible in Finn's editor? Is it possible to move players or cut players from teams or do you do this part actually on the XBOX puja?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: moving players in Finn's editor

you need to do that in-game. I try to line up the same number of players in each file before I do the export/import process.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Rookie

thanks, i did what you said and discovered that the "import team" function doesn't import two things: years pro and the players contracts. does anyone know an easier way around this problem than manually correcting them all.

thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

If you have both the new roster that you imported to and the old one you exported from, you can use the export and restore tool. It will overwrite any piece of data from the old roster to the new. That would take care of the birthdays, but... I don't think it works on the contracts. The easy way to find out for sure is to look at the checkable boxes in the export part of the tool.

When restoring, check players first name, last name and college on the top portion and any info you want restored on the bottom portion. That solves part of it.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

no, the import tool doesnt work on contracts

i'll post a guide on how to use that feature of the editor when i get some time so you can restore years pro after your team imports are done (fyi: im pretty sure that method you are describing also fails to transfer college & PBP as well; at least it used not do so)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
Rookie

maybe it doesn't but i imported the teams over one of your old files so most of the years pro, PBP and college information correllated quite well, though i wasn't checking if college information was 100% - will do that when im done on the contracts.

i'm just going through and editing contracts maually now. done nearly half the league so far

i read on another thread you would be looking for people to help in the future. i would be more than willing. i used to do a similar type project as yours for pro evolution soccer if you're familiar, so i understand the time commitment such work involves. if you want my help on anything just pm me. i'm a 4th year med student over in the uk, so i can work whilst you guys sleep on some days. let me know

p.s. i know i joined in 2006 but i have no idea what that was for. i've only just been an active member in the last 2-3 weeks so all your guys work is much appreciated

p.p.s. merry christmas

Last edited by dwevans; 12-25-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

^Dwevans

the reason most would correlate if you imported on one of my old rosters is due to the import process;

if you open both files in the editor & sort by position-- this is how they are copied by the import process eg
the first QB listed in order by the editor in the source roster (typically the starter) would be copied over that corresponding QB in the destination/target roster

so as long as the players were 90% the same or the changes were toward the bottom of the roster, college & years pro would still match from the first file just by coincidence

make sense?

PS: i love love love PES/WE soccer... maybe more than 2K5

Last edited by puja21; 12-25-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

yeah, i figured that is why they correlated well. i have another quick question since im getting used to using the editor. is there any difference from the player names when selecting change name.

i.e the list saying:

Aaron=[]
Aaron=[]*
Aaron=[Aaron Francisco]*

etc. etc.

what is the difference between these and why might some cause the "First" appearance criteria to go red?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »