Home

Puja's roster tweaked & franchise

This is a discussion on Puja's roster tweaked & franchise within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Puja's roster tweaked & franchise

Guys.... here's Puja's 6.2 test roster tweaked (Puja08dfbtwk) with a franchise/season with the 08 schedule (dfb08tweak). This is meant for single season play only. The slider set I'm toying with right now should be part of the franchise file. I'm going to be experimenting with putting cpu running level back up to about 75% level and bumping up the human one a notch or two as well. I may max out cpu catching again also. These are all for "fast" mode. If you switch back to normal, I have no idea what effects you'll get.

Not going to go into all of the rationales as I've done before. But the basic goal is to get better IN GAME performance, especially from the cpu skill positions. You won't have realistic simmed stats.

I won't be doing another one so make whatever moves you feel are necessary.

I've included my in-game house rules as well, for what it's worth.

Thx again to PUJA for all of his diligence and hard work. He has far surpassed what anyone could hope for in getting enjoyment out of any sports game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DFB's ESPN Game Play Guidelines.JPG (77.9 KB, 299 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Puja08dfbt.zip (255.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_dfb08tweak.zip (253.9 KB, 41 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Puja's roster tweaked & franchise

Thank you to all that have put in the dedicated time to make this game the best football game to date! (next to NES playaction football)
Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I hope you're kidding about that last part, although I do have to say I was in college when that came out and we played the heck out of it.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

LOL. I used to play NES Play Action Football a LOT when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun to play. Sadly, the SNES version was pure crap. My favorite fotball game back then was NFL 97 on Genesis and Tecmo III: FE on SNES. Other of my favorites were NFL GameDay 96-98, NFL QB Club 2000 on N64, NFL 2K1 on DC, 2K3 on PS2 and of course 2K5. Sadly, I even liked Madden NFL 2004 but that was the only Madden that I ever liked.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Actually, ... next to "Thinking Man's Football" (<<<--- trivia: this was actually being played in "Brian's Song" when he was in the hospital).

Anywho..... upped cpu running to 75%; upped human running 2 clicks; upped cpu and human tackle 1 click; upped cpu catching to 38.

result: Roethlisberger threw 5 TD passes and Parker ran well on me, especially in the 2nd half. I couldn't get a run attack going with the Texans. Johnson was my only standout.

I'll post the settings file in the slider sub-forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Here's the latest tweaking I did which should make many of the cpu QB's pretty deadly. It all depends on the matchups of course. I also tweaked the DE's, OLB's and DT's who had 5 sacks or more through the course of the year. This is not a franchise set. I would use with 7 min. qtrs. to get some realistic scores (though you'll be slightly short in the total plays department). Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_pujatwkV3.zip (255.3 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 02-09-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

DFB have you ever tried the GamePlan sliders I made for each team? They all match the philosphy of each team, some teams run more than others, some pass more, or are both balanced. You get pretty good simulation results too.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

If I remember correctly, the game plan sliders don't really take effect in a franchise mode. Maybe they do in quick play games. This was tested by several guys in the past, I'm pretty sure. For example, you would think that stick the percentages at the extremes would produce extreme rush/pass divisions, but it doesn't seem to......which is unfortunate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »