Home

Question about downloadable rosters

This is a discussion on Question about downloadable rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Question about downloadable rosters

Quote:
Nice! I didn't know there was a chart. But still, 4.23 would be like 97-98 right?
I would say definately a 97 speed for Willie Parker, but Puja stated he didn't run that fast.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am new to these rosters and did not know that speed was set from combine scores. Very interesting. Do you somehow compensate for players getting older by reducing their speed after X number of years? What about players who do not run great 40 times but clearly have incredible "football speed?" Just curious how the whole process works.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
ummm wtf talk about inaccurate... no one has ever run a 4.23.

Every scouting source I just checked says Parker ran a 4.42, Mendenhall a 4.41, which happens to be the breakpoint for a 92/93. Do you have a documented case saying Parker ran something other than that at the combine or pro day-- not a 4.23 though, talking about legitimate human times

Also, rather than start 2 threads about it, why not just change it yourself in 2 secs? I see 5-10 of these complaints every year & I have yet to find even one case where the issue raised was accurate. Rather it ends up just wasting my time looking up & confirming the data I spent hours collecting initially

There are so many other areas where the rosters/game could use valid improvement & yet people choose to nitpick on the non-objective, untweaked data for some reason
Quote from Wikipedia: "Parker was timed several times in the 40 yard dash coming from college. The fastest time was a 4.21."

Another quote from Wikipedia: "Willie Parker (4.23 @ 2004 North Carolina Pro Day)"

There's no need to be a dick, Puja. I was just asking a simple question. It wasn't even your roster that I downloaded, so get over yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy
I am new to these rosters and did not know that speed was set from combine scores. Very interesting. Do you somehow compensate for players getting older by reducing their speed after X number of years? What about players who do not run great 40 times but clearly have incredible "football speed?" Just curious how the whole process works.
Same here, but according to NuJerseySolja (sp?), it is. But age for these two isn't a problem. Rashard is like 22 and Willie is like 26.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Quote from Wikipedia: "Parker was timed several times in the 40 yard dash coming from college. The fastest time was a 4.21."
It also says after that, "The "citation needed" link you just followed was placed there because a Wikipedia editor feels that the preceding statement is not obviously true."
Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Players do decrease once they reach 30 i am guessing so you take away a speed... even at 22 years old, Mendenhall's speed could increase to probably 88, depending on how well he does with his stats to progress.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
It also says after that, "The "citation needed" link you just followed was placed there because a Wikipedia editor feels that the preceding statement is not obviously true."
Precisely why there were two quotes. But my question to you is, how does the editor know he DIDN'T run a 4.21 40 yard dash? Was he there when he was timed? Does he know the guy that timed him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
so, you want to alter an attribute from somewhere above 99 TO somewhere above 99?

You just need to do it in Finn's editor as per everyone else... problem solved
Not sure I can use Finn's editor seeing as though the rosters I download have to be converted to PAL version to work.

I've already tried and it said something like this is not a valid in game save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Precisely why there were two quotes. But my question to you is, how does the editor know he DIDN'T run a 4.21 40 yard dash? Was he there when he was timed? Does he know the guy that timed him?
I'm a HUGE Steelers fan and actually do remember reading somewhere that Parker ran a 4.2 something (4.23 does ring a bell).

Regardless of how fast he can run 40-yards in... I do agree that Parker should be faster then Mendenhall... and easily.

Mendenhall's no slouch (especially if you remember him in the Rose Bowl game last season against USC)... though Parker has elite speed... though if you disagree with that because of some 40-time... just watch the games. He has great football speed how ever you cut it... and that's what 2K5 is... it's a football game... not a track and field game.

Not having a go at anyone who puts the time and effort in to do these rosters either... just stating my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »