Home

JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

This is a discussion on JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

JSOU you are the man! Thanks so much. Stared a franchise with my Pack and played 2 games, and they were great and realistic. Love the sliders as well!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
Rookie

just wanted to thank you for the roster update. I luv it
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Are you guys using the -25% or just playing it straight up?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #20
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Are you guys using the -25% or just playing it straight up?
I am using your sliders. Is that what you are asking?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #21
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
I am using your sliders. Is that what you are asking?
kind of, not only the sliders but The -25% formula, this is done to create a so called new difficulty level. When changing the pass coverage and run coverage by -25% using finns editor before you start a season, it allows the cpu teams to stay strong using large attributes while still keeping your attributes at a level that makes you play a very solid game to win. We had 8 guys play our 08 season with only 2 making the playoffs. For us, we have to use the -25%, when we didn't we all went 12-4, 13-3, 15-1 and so on, using it allows the game to be very difficult, but we all think that's the way an NFL season should be, not demolishing everyone each week, just my two cents though.
To do this start a season, take the game save from your hard drive using an action replay then put it on your pc. From there open up finns editor put the file in there and then go to tools-global editor-attributes. After that select ONLY your team your using for a season, then select the DE,DT,CB,FS,SS,OLB,ILB. After that select pass coverage and run coverage in the attribute section. For type select percentage, then click minus in the next box, and in the value box select 25. Then click the update button and your done. Then take the file using your action replay and put it back on your console. You then have a season where your team has the -25% formula and the rest of the league stays were they should, this enables one hell of a season. I am actually tweaking my sliders in small areas due to changing the game speed to slow and some other attribute changes made to create better game play, I will post them when they are 100% done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

some of you guys might want to read my theory for the formula.

Last season, I played with the -25% formula, and while it certainly takes the game to a new difficulty level, I found that a bunch of teams were throwing up mad points in practically every game. Mainly because the WR's would eat up your secondary, and the RB's would rip 70 yd TD runs with great blocking form their O-lines, having all your defenders unable to get a stop. I had a bunch of games where crappy teams with crappy offenses would throw up 40+ points easily, so basically I was playing catch up every game in a bunch of high scoring affairs.

The issue here with the -25 formula, is it weakens your D-line and secondary. In theory, this is supposed to make up for a more competitive game, being that if you leave the settings as usual without the formula, you blow teams out of the water. So by using the -25 formula, all that really does is ensure that my opponent will match my 40+ points. While yes, it is definitely harder and more competitive, the bottom line is that I don't like crappy teams being able to have 40+ pt games on my Redskins (who have a pretty decent defense realistically), and my Redskins should never score 40+ pts in multiple games, they simply aren't that good offensively in real life.

So guess what dudes, I say use the +25% formula!! That's right, use jsou's formula reversed! Use and load his slider settings, and in Finns Editor, select all 31 other teams and add +25% to their run and pass coverage. Then, what you get is really realistic football games, real good defensive 3 & out battles with scores like 17-10. So now, My defensively good Redskins are able to stop crappy teams offenses unless I make a crucial mistake or bad play call. The redskins have a crappy offense, so now that all the other teams have been raised +25% in their run and pass coverage, I have to play a great series to move the ball down the field and get a scoring attempt. I lost to the Giants 24-13, I lost to the Rams 10-6, etc...

Basically, I'm 6 games in testing the +25 formula, and find it very realistic. I've also found that the TOP has increased for my opponents, which I like. I play 8 min quarters on slow setting.

If you guys find that you're always scoring 30, 40, 50 point games, and have tried the -25 and found crappy offenses matching those points against you, you should give this +25% theory a chance and see if it works for you.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #23
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

If someone can tell me how to convert these files to PS2, I will do it and then post it. I have the PS2 version of the game and I want to try this out. I have the XBox version too but I haven't picked up a used XBox yet. I have updated my rosters from GR18 version 4 post but I want to try JSOU's rosters, franchise and settings with the +25 formula to see if I can get better games. Not doing too bad now the way I play but, if these are better, I will go for it. Thanks.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 11-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 14

Downloaded the roster file today...have not yet played...

Thanks for the hard work...I am sure I will have a blast tonight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »