Home

DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.

This is a discussion on DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.

I just got 2k5 about a week ago and I think the db's play quite well in this game. For example, Champ Bailey will get GOT sometimes, but he will make more than his fair share of plays. The thing I had issue with however was how db's (rather elite, average, or "suck-***") seem to not play the ball when it's in the air but instead wait for it to come down and hit the receivers hands and then maybe, possibly, tackle him and jar it loose. This is the NFL. DB's at this level will take the pick or the swat anytime they have even the faintest chance of getting it. Which leads me to the attribute known as "aggression". I went and edited Champ Baileys aggression and made it 93, which is his overall I think and then I went into practice mode and had him cover Andre Johnson and let me tell ya, every time the ball was within reach of him it was a swat or a pick. HE PLAYED THE BALL MASTERFULLY. There were also times he would totally wiff and Johnson would catch it but that happens and we are talking about Andre Johnson here but no matter what happen'd, Bailey played the ball WHEN HE COULD.

that's just my two cents on it. I saw some post were folks were talking about lowering aggression to 0 (!) and I was like "what" i mean I jacked it up for one player (Bailey) and he played like an all-pro DB would. Try it for yourself. take an elite corner and jack his aggression HUGE and see the difference in ball reaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: DB Aggression should be jacked up HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.

Good input, however, it's been found that the game will play different in practice or exhibition mode vs. season/franchise mode. Try your theory out over several games during a season and then see what you find.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Banned

fair enough. i've yet to play a season or franchise so I can't speak to the validity of that. Nevertheless I suggest people give this a try. It made the Bailey/Johnson matchup a tug-war instead of a rather one-sided affair where bailey watches ball, let's it go by, johnson puts hands on it, bailey hits him and either jars it loose are gives up reception. That's not the play of a shutdown corner. I just tried this with one player. As of now, I suggest this be done with only elite corners and we all know who the elites are so I shouldn't have to give a list here.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
Banned

I would also advise raising all the other "intangible" ratings as well. There's probably countless threads that advise this as well too.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
Banned

something as i'm noticing too (this is an ongoing experiment btw) is the re-routes by elite corners are happening much more frequently. I got Bailey to re-route Johnson on a seam route a good many times. This is looking really, really, good guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserkeiser
something as i'm noticing too (this is an ongoing experiment btw) is the re-routes by elite corners are happening much more frequently. I got Bailey to re-route Johnson on a seam route a good many times. This is looking really, really, good guys.
Cool, man. Let us know how all of this works out. It's good to see people still discovering stuff to make the game play even better.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #7
Banned

i've tested it out in practice mode a whooping 400 times (!), this time with JSOU's updated rosters (which i downloaded this morning). This time I took Darelle Revis and applied the recommendations i've made in earlier in the thread. SOMETHING NEW I DID WAS RAISE THE CORNERS CATCH RATING TOO. I RAISED REVIS'S TO 70 I put him in man to man coverage with Andre Johnson, who ran slants, post routes, and seam routes. After crunching the numbers, REVIS GIVE UP A RECEPTION ONLY 25 PERCENT OF THE TIME. Beforehand, when I just played with JSOU version of Revis as is (with a measly 1 aggression) he routinely got beat on the seam. Afterhand, with my modifications to aggression and catching (JSOU did right raising the other intangibles through the proverbial roof) Revis battled Andre Johnson like he can and like he does (did if you all remember the week one game) in real life. their were wiffs and catches given up but 75 percent of the time there were re-routes, pics, balls jarred loose, and deflections. Bottom line: Revis play in this game after my mods could only be matched by one person, THE REAL DARELLE REVIS.

I think this should be done for all starting corners. Corner aggressiveness should match the corner's overall rating.....or be somewhere in the ballpark. not sure yet. But I do know the elites need there aggressiveness to be SKY HIGH to play like elites. Keep in mind other intangibles should be jacked up very high as well but if you have JSOU's roster they probably already are.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I wouldn't be surprised that if you take this into season play and don't adjust other things, you'll have QB's throwing 2-3 picks a game regularly.... but what do I know... prove me wrong!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »