Home

Conversion Issues

This is a discussion on Conversion Issues within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conversion Issues

I searched the forums and didn't see a thread that had a similar issue to what I have ran across. I have been attempting to get the Xbox 1992 roster file functioning on the PS2. I get to the final product and all I can get is the PS2 claiming the file is damaged yet it works fine in Finn's editor. It's left me puzzled. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Conversion Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMisconduct
I searched the forums and didn't see a thread that had a similar issue to what I have ran across. I have been attempting to get the Xbox 1992 roster file functioning on the PS2. I get to the final product and all I can get is the PS2 claiming the file is damaged yet it works fine in Finn's editor. It's left me puzzled. Any help would be appreciated.
You following this guide?

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...n-process.html

It should work. If you continue having problems, I'll try to do the conversion early next week and see if I can get it to work. If you want me to do that, just point me in the direction of the exact file you're trying to convert.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by connoll3
You following this guide?

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...n-process.html

It should work. If you continue having problems, I'll try to do the conversion early next week and see if I can get it to work. If you want me to do that, just point me in the direction of the exact file you're trying to convert.
That is the process that I have been using. For some reason its not liking the 1992 Rosters when I try it. I'm trying to get Suirad's 1992-93 saves converted to MAX format. Like I said before, it's making me quite confused. It loads fine in Finn's editor. I've even tried making a few depth chart changes and re-saving but all attempts have come back with a damaged result in 2k5.

Its a real head scratcher.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

I was having the same problem but someone told me to do this -

Go to My Computer > Control Panel > Folder Options

In Folder Options, click on "view" and uncheck the box where it says - "hide extensions for known file types". This will allow the .DAT extension to appear on the file so when you rename it, the .DAT extension will be deleted.

After you uncheck that box, go through the process as normal including using FINN's editor to bypass the CRC check and when you check in-game you should be able to load the file without any problems. The "damaged" message is because the .DAT extension is still attached to the file.

You shouldnt have any problems but be sure that if you check tht box later on for whatever reason, you'll have to uncheck the box for whenever you want to convert an Xbox zip file to an PS2 max drive file.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

Works like a charm! Thanks for the assistance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Do you mind posting your PS2 conversions?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Do you mind posting your PS2 conversions?
Sure. I converted 1992 and 1999 seasons. I wanted to see what it would be like had Don Majkowski never went down with an injury.

http://bobior.tripod.com/NFL2k5PS2.zip

Last edited by GameMisconduct; 08-03-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

says "page not found" on the link.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »