Home

1981 roster complete (version 1)

This is a discussion on 1981 roster complete (version 1) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

devinstate's Arena

OVR: 3
1981 roster complete (version 1)

Here's my completed 1981 roster (xbox360). I've created a franchise file from my roster file but for some reason it won't complete a simulation of the entire season. It stops around week 6. This current roster appears to play fine. However, I'm in the the slow process of creating a revised new roster file by copying and pasting each player attributes to a new squeaky clean file that would allow me to create the franchise file, run several season simulations, and perhaps make adjustments to some players' attributes. And with working 2 jobs, and having a wife and 5 month old daughter it's hard finding a lot of time to work on these projects. I'm open for comments or suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_1981roster1.zip (241.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: zip NFL_Today_cbs_80s_theme.zip (153.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: zip NFL_81_nbc_theme.zip (113.6 KB, 5 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 1981 roster complete (version 1)

On creating the new franchise file:

One way to do it is to take a clean file (VC's last official release- which is on my site)

Make sure you have the same number of players on the original file and the clean file. Drop and add in game as needed (this is why I always have 53 players on my teams)

You can export the teams from the original file, one by one, by right clicking on the team name in the editor and exporting.

In the clean VC file, you can then right click on the team name and import the entire team at once. This saves having to do the individual copy and paste and is much quicker.

A couple things about the process:

1. Use the VC files, because the names are not shared (red), so when you import the old file, it won't mess up all your names.

2. You'll have to fix any checked boxes for guys that have just their last names spoken in-game. The import process doesn't do that. I think the tool was created before the last name only boxes tool was discovered.

I've used this a half dozen times and it usually helps fix most problems.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Played my first game: Saints (me) at Lions

Got my *** handed to me. The Aints showed up and couldn't get anything going. I missed two field goals, threw an INT in the endzone and George Rogers managed a 1.5 yard average. Archie Manning was running for his life and got absolutely crushed a couple times. The Lions D is pretty tough.

Billy Sims was held to 81 yards rushing, but WR Freddie Scott torched me twice, breaking one tackle en route to a long TD score.

Final score: Lions 31, Saints 3

__________________________________________________ ____

One correction I found so far: Although it's a cool-sounding name, Oden Schoenert (Bengals QB) should be Turk.
__________________________________________________ ____

I'll probably clear the photos for my own file, but I like the ratings so far. I should have gotten blown out in that game and did.

If you don't mind, I'll probably post the 81 file in OLD xbox form here for those that don't use the 360.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1981.zip (241.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by dophin26; 12-10-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Played the Bears at Oilers (me)

Ran all over the Bears with Campbell. He had 3 TDs and I shut Walter Payton down. He had under 50 yards. Oilers soundly defeated the Bears, 34-0.

Last edited by dophin26; 12-11-2011 at 01:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »