Home

Theory for Changing PS2 to PS3 Files

This is a discussion on Theory for Changing PS2 to PS3 Files within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Rookie

WinMINTwins's Arena

OVR: 3
Theory for Changing PS2 to PS3 Files

Now, I am not willing to buy a max drive simply because I'm cheap. I did, however, recently buy a PS2 memory card adaptor for my PS3. While it's a slim, non-backwards-compatible system, it still has the internal memory card. I, trying to edit my rosters, copied the roster file onto my PS3, and then onto my flash drive. Now, theoretically, couldn't those who have a max drive do the same thing with their updated rosters and share it with everyone else online as a PSV file? Then, after copying the PSV file onto the PS3 via flash drive, we could simply copy that onto the memory card plugged in via adaptor, and finally copy it onto our PS2s.

Again, I don't want to dish out 20-40 bucks (I think those are the prices I saw somewhere) for a max drive, so I can't try this. If someone has both a max drive and a memory card adaptor, though, they could try this.
Dallas Stars
Dallas Mavericks
Norwich City F.C.
Washington State Cougars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Theory for Changing PS2 to PS3 Files

Your idea is correct and the the process for conversion is detailed in the link below:
http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/xboxtoPS3conversion.html

The most recent roster update for PS3, dating back to the start of the 2010/11 season, can be found here:
http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/files/P...oster_Fran.zip

I have been following ESPN NFL 2K5 on this site for the past two seasons and the main issue in keeping the PS3 version up to date is that PS3 users are unwilling to purchase the necessary additional peripherals. At the moment, you already have almost all of the hardware you need. I can assure you that if you do not update the rosters on PS3, no one else will it for you.

If you wish to update 2K5 on PS3 or PS2, then I strongly recommend that you purchase a copy of Action Replay Max. Compared to the costs of the latest sports games, a Max Drive can be bought quite cheaply and (speaking from personal experience as PS2 owner) will add a great deal to the enjoyment of your game, saving the countless hours it would take to manually update the two year old file I've linked to you.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinMINTwins
Now, I am not willing to buy a max drive simply because I'm cheap. I did, however, recently buy a PS2 memory card adaptor for my PS3. While it's a slim, non-backwards-compatible system, it still has the internal memory card. I, trying to edit my rosters, copied the roster file onto my PS3, and then onto my flash drive. Now, theoretically, couldn't those who have a max drive do the same thing with their updated rosters and share it with everyone else online as a PSV file? Then, after copying the PSV file onto the PS3 via flash drive, we could simply copy that onto the memory card plugged in via adaptor, and finally copy it onto our PS2s.

Again, I don't want to dish out 20-40 bucks (I think those are the prices I saw somewhere) for a max drive, so I can't try this. If someone has both a max drive and a memory card adaptor, though, they could try this.
I have a max drive and a BC PS3...however I still need the files to be in PSV format in order to get them from the PC onto the PS3. The files in MAX format will not be read by the PS3, even when I use a Maxdrive USB device to transfer them (at least I can't figure out how).

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would buy a AR but I don't have a PS2 anymore, I got rid of it when I got my PS3...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »