Home

I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon!

This is a discussion on I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #65
Rookie

devils17's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon!

My ps3 just died yesterday playing NHL 12...... looks like I'm buying a slim and 2k5 is done for.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3srcgq/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #66
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils17
My ps3 just died yesterday playing NHL 12...... looks like I'm buying a slim and 2k5 is done for.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3srcgq/
sorry to hear that...had it been running hot or loud? Had it been freezing in games or doing wierd glitches (like put a disk in and it not show up on the xmb for like a full minute)?

I had ylod in summer of '09 on my launch 60gb, so I know how you feel.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #67
Rookie

devils17's Arena

80gb MGS bundle PS3. 6/08... it's always been loud as hell and hot, too. But I've read fat PS3's are usually hot...

But it just powered off by itself while playing NHL. Tried to turn it on and it's the YLOD... I'm gonna use the hairdryer trick for now... idk what I'm gonna do... After taking ALL day researching, I've read there's no permanant fix and all fat PS3's are a ticking clock, waiting to die...

Last edited by devils17; 01-28-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #68
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
80gb MGS bundle PS3. 6/08... it's always been loud as hell and hot, too. But I've read fat PS3's are usually hot...

But it just powered off by itself while playing NHL. Tried to turn it on and it's the YLOD... I'm gonna use the hairdryer trick for now... idk what I'm gonna do... After taking ALL day researching, I've read there's no permanant fix and all fat PS3's are a ticking clock, waiting to die...
My original ran for 2 years...it gave me warning signs but I was ignorant to them b/c I had bought into the "PS3's don't break down" hype at the time. I shelled out the $150 for the refurb and it's been going strong for 3 years now. But I also have a slim in the frontroom doin most of the work...expect of course for ps2 games.

Man, I was on the forefront of the YLOD, so when mine went lotta people didn't beleive me or thought my system would be all dusty/messed up inside. I even expected there to be a big hairball cloggin it up or something, but maaaan, when I opened that baby it was clean as a whistle!

I say buy an orig xbox...2k5 is way better that way anyway. To sack a man and have Sam Spence ringing on the replay...nothin' finer!

Now Playing:

Old 01-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #69
Rookie

devils17's Arena

That is a great idea. Better graphics, custom soundtracks. I actually bought an Xbox, tried to play Dino Crisis 3 and then flipped it all on eBay... maybe I shoulda kept it...

idk man... why can't the slim PS3's play PS2 games? Oh, yeah. it's a sony marketing ploy making you rebuy PS2 'classics' on the PSN, making you spend more money you don't have. God, if 360 had free online and a blu-ray I'd switch... 2k5 is backwards compatable with 360...

What'd you do? Trade in your broken PS3 for a new one at Sony? I heard they'll give you a refurb slim for 99$. That is my cheapest option thus far...
Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #70
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
That is a great idea. Better graphics, custom soundtracks. I actually bought an Xbox, tried to play Dino Crisis 3 and then flipped it all on eBay... maybe I shoulda kept it...

idk man... why can't the slim PS3's play PS2 games? Oh, yeah. it's a sony marketing ploy making you rebuy PS2 'classics' on the PSN, making you spend more money you don't have. God, if 360 had free online and a blu-ray I'd switch... 2k5 is backwards compatable with 360...

What'd you do? Trade in your broken PS3 for a new one at Sony? I heard they'll give you a refurb slim for 99$. That is my cheapest option thus far...
I shelled out $165 to get the refurb replacment from Sony (since I only paid $450 originally at a Circuit City sale), and that was only after taking the thing completely apart to see if there was anything "simple" I could do to fix it myself.

Like you said, they are ticking timebombs so I will probably trade mine in this year at the first sign of a good trade in special. I got the slim for $199 on black friday 2011 and it runs like the 1st batch of ps3's should have...never buy the first batch unless its nintendo.

If they will give you a $99 refurb slim for a YLOD fattty, take that deal. Also make sure they give you NHL 12 back.

Just used these rosters to play Niners (me) vs. Baltimore and WOW...so authentic. The gameplay. Just wow. Gil is tight, man. These rosters too good. This game really deserves to be experienced on Xbox.

Yeah, the main reason I went with PS3 (other than the Show and free online) was the backwards comp...I mean back in 06-07 Sony was REALLY pushing that feature - "Play your entire PSOne and PS2 library on one console." What a hoax, they knew all along that the shelf life of the first batch was just a few years and that they were going to scratch back-comp from future models. Now they charging again to download PS2 titles digitally, I'd rather buy a PS2 for $50 and pay $50 bucks on ebay/amazon for 10 games than to digitally download 10 games for $100. "They making they money," that's 4 sure!

Now Playing:

Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #71
Rookie

devils17's Arena

I've heard that my MGS bundle, instead of charging 99$ for a refurb slim, Sony charges 129$ for it. Hell f***ing no. I paid 500 for mine (minus my friend's Wal-Mart employee discount. hehe). There's no way I'm going without cutting a Ric Flair promo on Sony, if they try to pull that 'ish on me...

EA's NCAA football license ran out. Cheers to NCAA 2k14?? Maybe that will hold me over.....ehhhh. Maybe not. Hairdryer didn't work. Off to finding a T10 screwdriver in the garage to pry this baby open!

Yeah, and the rosters are pretty sick. I did some fine tuning and that's most likely gone thanks in part to this BS.

PS. speaking of...are my HDD saves totally gone now that this has happened? I heard you can't take out your HDD from a PS3 and put it into another one without reformatting...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #72
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quick question: Is there any way to make free agency competitive in the Franchise? With control over every team, it's just a free grab.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »