Home

Old 09-07-2004, 01:27 AM   #113
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Roster editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I just went to his site, and it said that the only changes allowed are position and years pro. Can somone verify that universal rating edits can't be done?
Global edits can be done and it is fairly simple. I just downloaded Irondudez latest rosters and dropped the kick power on all kickers by 10 points and raised the pass read coverage on all qbs. It literally took 2 minutes once you have the roster file in the editor.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:39 AM   #114
Pro

OVR: 6

I droped the catch rating by 30% for DT and DE and 20% for LB. I see to many interceptions by these positions. A lot of my ints are from tips that a DL dives and catches. This happens in the NFL but it happens to easily in this game.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #115
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa55
I droped the catch rating by 30% for DT and DE and 20% for LB. I see to many interceptions by these positions. A lot of my ints are from tips that a DL dives and catches. This happens in the NFL but it happens to easily in this game.
You should check out the thread and post HMcCoy, myself and a few others have been posting in, It almost eliminates the bad DB play check it out: Aggressiveness = Bad animations.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa55
I made the following changes to the catch rating in an attempt to eliminate the interception problem:
DT, DE ILB, OLB, FS & SS: Catch in the range of 0...10
CB: 0...25

I've played 5 games with these modified rosters and the CPU QB still had an avg. of 3 interceptions per game (5 min. quarters, coverage-slider & int-slider @ 0, persuit @ 8, QB acc. @ 40, Blocking @ 40). Only one of these int's were made by a CB.

So it looks like, that the interception-problem can't be fixed
Old 09-07-2004, 09:10 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
So it looks like, that the interception-problem can't be fixed
The INT problem is a result of several factors. Lowering Catch helps, but part of the problem is that the game's been programmed to cheat in the QB Accuracy department. One cheat involves the QB, suddenly and for no apparent reason, throwing directly into the open arms of D players, with no receiver in the vicinity. Whoever programmed “graduated ratings effectiveness” and “random performance” into the game didn’t have the time to do it properly.

Ratings like QB Accuracy, Pass Read, Composure and Consistency all determine how accurate the QB’s throw is, which determines how many balls will be picked off. And depending on the particular rating, they can all be bumped up. Unfortunately, 40 Accuracy is about the same as 60 or even 70 Accuracy, so you have to bump certain ratings way up and into the 90’s before you start seeing “a QB who throws the ball and just misses his receiver because he’s not a great QB”. Right now, what happens is this: the QB throws the ball right into the DB’s open arms... INT! Now that’s because the QB’s ratings say he’s not a great QB, the game engine reads that info, and then makes sure the ball heads ten yards off the mark and towards some D player.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #118
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRwp
Not sure if you guys can answer this or not but is there a team filter or just a position filter for now?
I don't see a way either, anyone know if you can sort by team name?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #119
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone know if a PS2 version will be reeased?
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 13

I'll probably just mess with the QB Composure by ten

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »