Home

NFL2K19 Based on Madden 2019 Player ratings

This is a discussion on NFL2K19 Based on Madden 2019 Player ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL2K19 Based on Madden 2019 Player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by burniemack7150
I love this file and thank you BAD_AL for taking the time to do this. Is there any way to fix the cpu field goal kicking? No matter what sliders I use, the cpu more than over compensates for wind and misses long field goals and easy chip shot FGs. Is there any way to fix this?
Hmm...
I think the kickers are rated pretty high, not sure why they would be missing kicks. But I also haven't noticed it in the games I've played.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merza462
Great work getting this done I know what a task it could be. I have been away from this for a couple years but got the itch. The only thing is i feel like some of the ratings are off. SO many players have 100 ratings and i don't remember that being the case on previous edits.
The players here get their attribute ratings from this year's Madden game. Overall rating is calculated by the game based on the player's attributes.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36
Here are the converted PS2 .max files.

Al, I'm going to put these in their own thread and direct to this thread.
Could you possibly convert these to be used on PS3 as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 11:34 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKidd
Could you possibly convert these to be used on PS3 as well?

It appears that it is possible but you would have to do it yourself as I'm unable to get the game on PS3.

https://www.ps2savetools.com/faqs/ho...ferent-format/
Old 10-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm just a bit curious, not judging at all... However, 2K and Madden have vastly different game engines, mechanics, sliders, and programming for animations and physics. Why is it that many people seem to think adding 2018 Madden ratings to a 2K game from 2004 works? Is there some math or some other parallel between the two games that I'm not considering? I just don't see how you can take the ratings from one game and apply them to the other without considering how different they are as games.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I'm just a bit curious, not judging at all... However, 2K and Madden have vastly different game engines, mechanics, sliders, and programming for animations and physics. Why is it that many people seem to think adding 2018 Madden ratings to a 2K game from 2004 works? Is there some math or some other parallel between the two games that I'm not considering? I just don't see how you can take the ratings from one game and apply them to the other without considering how different they are as games.
I'm with you 100%. But I've spent time making these before and honestly its just because it is easier to use the madden ratings because they are already there as opposed to the 2k rating system which is very personal and precise to what the player actually does to come out on the field. I made mine in the 2k form but i was tempted many times to just use the madden ratings. So I'm with you i'd rather have the ratings adapted to 2k but I still give mad props to the creator of these because he still put a hell of a lot of good work into it and made it possible for me to play another season.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by merza462
So I'm with you i'd rather have the ratings adapted to 2k but I still give mad props to the creator of these because he still put a hell of a lot of good work into it and made it possible for me to play another season.
Sure, I totally understand, I just think we could possibly figure out a way to decipher what needs to be done to Madden ratings to make them respond correctly in 2K. Maybe somebody has a really good grasp of what makes different position players tick in 2K and how to get from the Madden ratings the numbers needed and how to modify them for them to work properly in 2K. Does that make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Sure, I totally understand, I just think we could possibly figure out a way to decipher what needs to be done to Madden ratings to make them respond correctly in 2K. Maybe somebody has a really good grasp of what makes different position players tick in 2K and how to get from the Madden ratings the numbers needed and how to modify them for them to work properly in 2K. Does that make sense?
It's totally possible to translate the ratings from Madden differently (If you have an alternate translation, I can use it and give you the results to try).

Even easier would be to do mass edits on the Roster/franchise file using percentages in the "Global Editor" in Flying Finn's gamesave editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »