Home

Complete set of Sliders and Rosters for accurate gameplay!

This is a discussion on Complete set of Sliders and Rosters for accurate gameplay! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Complete set of Sliders and Rosters for accurate gameplay!

Me and 5 other people have started a season in which we pick 3 teams each in the NFL, and when 2 of our teams meet in the schedule, we play the games. We are all big fans of realistic gameplay in sports. (All former Madden fans who left that game because of arcadey gameplay, and moved to ESPN, but were very upset with the DB AI and other things.) We have lived in these forums for quite some time and have compiled rosters and sliders that create the most realistic video game football experience i've ever seen.

The sliders are essentially Bill Harris's human and computer slider sets tweaked a tiny bit only in certain areas that he didn't max out.

The rosters are the Oct. 7th roster file ESPN came out with, but with the trades included. Also, some players were re-rated a bit to reflect how good they are this year: i.e. tiki barber, ruben droughns, and others.

The rosters contain player edits that many innovators on this forum came up with, as well as some in our league crew. I give special thanks to HMcCoy and others who figured out ways to improve the gameplay by globally editing certain positions. I am at work so I don't have the full list of edits I made to these rosters, but they are pretty damn good. As we go on, we change things only if we notice glaring discrepencies between real life and the game. For example, this week we globally brought down every RB and FB's break tackle rating down 10% since we had too many broken tackles in user and simulated games. After we did this, I can tell you guys that we are now seeing new tackling animations that I have never seen in this game before. There was a point in time when I saw 8 different tackling animations in 8 consecutive plays that I had never seen before. This game is tweaky, so god knows what opened up after teh break tackles went down.

Also, we play on Performance IQ on. And it makes a world of a difference. It doesnt help the bad team, good players still play good, it just doesnt make the good team dominate just because they have higher ratings. trust me it helps the overall feel of the game.

I can post the Human, Computer settings and the Roster file we have by the end of the weekend.

I am not taking credit for this stuff. Bill Harris is the MAN and saved this game for all of us into realism. Also, HMcCoy and all the guys that worked on global player edits took the game to another level. And we cannot forget the pc roster editor creator, who allowed the ideas to become reality.

We just put it all together to finally enjoy this game. I am proud to say I only check the ESPN NFL section on this forum once a week or so now, since I am so comfortable with the game, and just enjoy playing it.

Let's keep a discussion going on here, as I'll get the files uploaded by the end of the weekend, promise. Everyone should enjoy the game now, and not settle for bad AI or things that are glaringly fake. Also, next time Visual Concepts ... please STEP UP and test your games better. I shouldnt have to wait till week 12 of the NFL season to start playing real video game football.

thanks guys,

peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Complete set of Sliders and Rosters for accurate gameplay!

You happen to have that roster for the PS2?
Old 12-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

xbox.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Darn, Still I'd be interested in seeing your edits and sliders...

Always exploring.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #5
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

It sounds like you put a lot of effort and time into these changes. If you have found a way for the CPU to complete over 50% of its passes, you will be my new hero. Looking forward to you posting them and thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon10 Re: Complete set of Sliders and Rosters for accurate gameplay!

Waiting patiently for sliders and edits
Old 12-06-2004, 03:41 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
It sounds like you put a lot of effort and time into these changes. If you have found a way for the CPU to complete over 50% of its passes, you will be my new hero. Looking forward to you posting them and thanks in advance.

Hey I am part of this league (THe best Player I might add), There is a way with the edits we made the Good QBS play good and the bad ones play bad. Manning will kill you etc.... The only problem, if you can call it that is when you sim there is alot of QBS whos numbers are inflated do to the editing. For me personally I dont mind that, I will sacrafice a little unrealistic sim sats ONLY for Qbs in order to get good Qb play during the game. So to answer your questions, Yes we have found a way for the Qb to complete over 50% of his passes
Old 12-06-2004, 08:22 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Hey I am part of this league (THe best Player I might add), There is a way with the edits we made the Good QBS play good and the bad ones play bad. Manning will kill you etc.... The only problem, if you can call it that is when you sim there is alot of QBS whos numbers are inflated do to the editing. For me personally I dont mind that, I will sacrafice a little unrealistic sim sats ONLY for Qbs in order to get good Qb play during the game. So to answer your questions, Yes we have found a way for the Qb to complete over 50% of his passes
I have just recently gone back to 2K5 and turning EQ on is a big improvement. What edits to the QBs have you done? This is huge. Please post more stuff.
Thanks.

P.S. The roster editor is out there for us that have the PS2 although I haven't confirmed that the roster can be used yet. I just started playing with it. The new rosters are also out as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »