Home

DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart

This is a discussion on DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart

This is based off of Dan's sliders weighting teams based on actual NFL performance and Rickster's "start at zero" sliders......

(Also, updated roster set coming out soon with mainly QB/RB individual tweaks, though a few global)

Here are the other essentials:

Qtr Length: 9 mins.
Performance EQ: ON
Mult. Hot Routes: ON
Franchise Sim Qtr Length: 3 mins. (stats turn out decent so far, except for inflated QB pass %)

Human Pursuit/Tackle: 0
Human Kicking: 1/4 rating of Dan's wk 14 team sliders
CPU Kicking: actual rating of Dan's wk 14 team sliders

CPU/Human Fatigue: 5 or 6
Injury: 20
Fumble: 25 (28 if raining; 30 if snowing)
Interception: 0

PENALTIES (abbreviated):

*NZI: Max
*DPI: 23
*OPI: Max (anyone EVER see one of these?)
*OH: Max
*DH: Max
*C: 32
*RP: 32
*RK: Max
*IRD: 25
*FM: 30
Chop Block: ON

Last edited by daflyboys; 02-02-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart

Daflyboys,
I'll for sure test your slider chart and see how they work in combination with your and Rickster edited roster.
Many thanks for your work,I hope other people will test it and report here their thoughts.
I'll test as always using 49ers (ME) against Colts (CPU) at Indianapolis.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well, I clearly still have work to do. I played this with everything else at zero's. (KC and SD). Brees wasn't awful, but he wasn't good. Only 1 pick on a real bad floater (though this can happen in real life too). My 2 main concerns is that I now have secondary receivers running too fast and can easily burn single coverage....and I mean easily. The other is that Tomlinson only had about 65 yds.....though I did have better clock control, which seems to be a fault of the programming. I'm going to try running on MAX while using the above sliders.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, I clearly still have work to do. I played this with everything else at zero's. (KC and SD). Brees wasn't awful, but he wasn't good. Only 1 pick on a real bad floater (though this can happen in real life too). My 2 main concerns is that I now have secondary receivers running too fast and can easily burn single coverage....and I mean easily. The other is that Tomlinson only had about 65 yds.....though I did have better clock control, which seems to be a fault of the programming. I'm going to try running on MAX while using the above sliders.

Maybe so with your roster edits Daflayboy maybe but with mine I'm very much satisfied with the results I'm seeing thats not saying anythings wrong with your edits because I don't use the exact numbers in the chart but do make adjustments to fit my game and can set the for coach user or any other game and haven't really experienced a bad game yet!!!

Numbers come out right the gameplay is pretty much realistic and good teams play well as bad teams don't as expected even the simulations at 5 or 6 minutes come out legit within NFL statistics not perfect but close the the "Real" thing!!!

I'm looking at 58% PCT for "Manning" vs 60% for Green in a playoff game KC at IND in a playoff game and the gameplay was excellent with both QBs throwing Ints (2 each) and that should happen with the game being a playoff game these teams are expected to get the "D" some face time in terms of being competative!!!

You should give yourself credit having played a game that wasn't marred by inconsistent QB play or half a dozen picks and poor gameplay all around, so Brees thew a pick, one right big deal it happens and he struggled...he does that at times in real life at times during a game,all QBs do he's good not great!!!

And the "D" stepped up and held LT to 65 yards, they do that from time to time ya' know,have a game thats abit short of expectations and not the 100 yard cloud of dust thing even RBs have bad games every now and then.

Someone gotta step up and play the game and secondary recievers are on the teams roster so why can't they represent and step up, though your RBs recieving numbers are a concern when simmed they are rather high surpassing most regular WRs numbers...your RBs out gain and get more receptions in the sim stats.

And Bascape666 this is for you...

Well since I am one of the original authors and advicator for "Zero" sliders and there thoerys wouldn't you think I'd be very much pleased with them?

Of course I am bro, this is what I was trying to explain to you all along they work but you've got to find what niche works for you by making adjustments to fit you gameplay and this scale and chart prove exactly what I've been trying to tell you all along.

I haven't tested each and every setting or team because I already know they work and like the way its been set up of course the user can adjust to his style and gameplay and now this chart Daflyboy posted can help aide fellow gamers by giving them something to go by and see visualy,its great!!!

For me to use them I'd make adjustments, basically to use em' just follow the numeric settings then once you get the figures just use them and if you need to make adjustments do so but I wouldn't change the CPU settings Daflyboy has on the chart I would leave those alone at first to see how the CPU reads and re-acts to a user opponent, then just find what seetings work for you staying as close to the original settings Daflyboy charted maybe you'll need something more or less the final setting is up to you just check them out and be open minded if its too easy for you then adjust it thats all.

I'll have to look at them closer because my rosters are different from his (Daflboy) but I know that the "Zero" slider theory works I'm just not sure what numeric numbers he uses, I have my own based on my gameplay but do like the theory the chart is a great and excellent guide to use and go by for reference and reccomendations!!!

Holla Back y'all

Rickster101
Old 02-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #5
MVP

Dear Daflyboys,
one thing,can you tell us how to set the slider for each team for "running" nad the other missing aspects?
Thanks a lot!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
MVP

To complete my previous post,in your initial post are missing the sliders for each team blocking / running / catching.
I'd like to know if you'll post the missing slider here or not.
Many thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Ok....here's the update version. If you don't see something listed, it means it's set to zero.
Attached Files
File Type: zip s Feb 2005 Sliders.zip (5.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Ok....here's the update version. If you don't see something listed, it means it's set to zero.

Many thanks Dafly!
I'll test using your last roster file in combination with your slider chart and I'll report here what I obtain.
As always my test games is 49ers (HUMAN) against Colts (CPU) at Indianapolis.
I'll test also using Rickster roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »