Home

SteelCityChamp's Sliders and Rules. Fun but very realistic!!!

This is a discussion on SteelCityChamp's Sliders and Rules. Fun but very realistic!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 AM   #1
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Smile SteelCityChamp's Sliders and Rules. Fun but very realistic!!!

ESPN NFL 2K5
SteelCityChamp’s Sliders and Rules

Rules:

First of all, I control the offense of both teams. I try just as hard for either team and I make the appropriate decision depending on the situation.
After I pick the home and away teams, I put the controller in the middle just like I was going to spectate a CPUvsCPU game. Then, after you see who is going to receive the kick, press start and choose that team.
I let the CPU call the plays meaning I press the corresponding button to let the coach call the play. If I don’t like the play call, I call an audible at the line. Do this only and you will get a nice variety of plays. On fourth down, I switch to the defense and let the CPU do the punting and kicking. I think it adds more variety to the kicking game. I tend to kick/punt a certain way and by letting the CPU control that, it adds more variety to the game.
As far as clock management goes, only hike the ball when there is 1 second left on the play clock. The only time you wouldn’t do this is during the 2-minute warning or under 3 minutes left in the game and your are controlling the team that is losing. If you are controlling the team that is behind, of course you would preserve time as any intelligent team would. If the team you are controlling is behind by 14 points or more with less than 5 minutes left in the game, that would be acceptable also. Remember, you only control the offense and receiving teams on punts and kickoffs. So, if the CPU decides to kick an onside kick, the coach will call the right play to defend against that. Remember, switch to the defense if you score a TD. You will kick the extra point and any field goal attempts. Now, if you do switch to defense and you notice your coach has called a defensive play which means the offense is going for it, before you select the play, switch back to offense and call the play like usual. You will be going for it on fourth or going for 2, whatever the situation is. We are letting the CPU decide situations like that. Our job is to execute on offense.
I know this seems weird to some of you but believe me, realistic stats like no other and….you will see the correct amount of plays called. Play amounts will vary depending on the game but will be realistic.
I usually just play a “Quick Game” but you can do this within a Franchise if you want to. But, you will want to control all 32 teams but let the CPU make all of the depth chart, signings, etc. I know the draft thing is a little weird but hey, all teams do the same BS so it equals out.
Now, on to the settings:

Game Options
Quarter Length: 15 Minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Challenges: On
Coach Mode: Off
Performance EQ: Off
Mulitiple Hot Routes: Off

Difficulty
Human Blocking: 16
Human Passing: 0
Human Running: 16
Human Catching: 40
Human Coverage: 4
Human Pursuit: 4
Human Tackling: 0
Human Kicking: 0
Human Fatigue: 4
CPU Blocking: 40
CPU Passing: 40
CPU Running: 40
CPU Catching: 40
CPU Coverage: 40
CPU Pursuit: 8
CPU Tackling: 8
CPU Kicking: 40
CPU Fatigue: 4
Injury: 20
Fumble: 28
Interception: 0
(Props to Bill Harris for these settings.)

Auto Substitutions - 60/85

Penalties
All at max except:
Offensive Holding: 32
Clipping: 24
Roughing the Kicker: 32
Ineligible Receiver Downfield: 32

I hope you all enjoy these settings like I do. Great games and realistic stats and scores. Have fun playing the best simulation video NFL game out there. Peace!

(By the way, these work great on the PS2 and Xbox version and it really doesn’t matter what roster you use either.)
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Last edited by SteelCityChamp; 07-03-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Updated settings!!! Final Update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SteelCityChamp's Sliders and Rules. Fun but very realistic!!!

woah dude seems like a lot of hard work
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

I like playing defense too..........
Old 07-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

I know these settings aren't very popular but I like to Sim games and I don't particularly like playing defense so, this works out great. BTW, I am simming a season right now and I play all Playoff games and the Super Bowl. You can do a whole season in about 3-5 days depending on how many games you play per day. I will not be updating these settings any longer. I will be giving Madden NFL 11 it's due. I already know I like NCAA 11. The demo is nice. Anyway, enjoy these. I will be playing until Madden NFL 11 comes out.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 01-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

This seems like a really interesting idea, although I like to call my own plays.

Does the CPU stop you consistently though? Like the game doesn't turn into you just scoring every time and the game being decided by whoever gets the ball last does it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
This seems like a really interesting idea, although I like to call my own plays.

Does the CPU stop you consistently though? Like the game doesn't turn into you just scoring every time and the game being decided by whoever gets the ball last does it?
No, you don't score every time. It's fun IMO. My friends are Madden Fan Boys so, they won't play NFL 2K5 with me because it's "too old." Yeah, it's old but it's a great game. LOL!
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
MLS - Seattle Sounders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »