Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:44 PM   #641
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:

maddox8 said:
I played w/ Heelfans sliders Steelers V Ravens. Duece was 8-28 yds before fracturing his arm. Bettis went 10-72yds 7min quarters. I am not the best at running yet though. I only use stiff arm and shoulder charge. It was hard to get past the d-line before getting nailed.

Injuries are set at 15.

Keep practing, you will get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 02:44 PM   #642
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

croc500 said:
I just wanted to let everyone know I updated the Excell Worksheet with the sliders. Check it out Croc500's Web Page

Also as a side note, I am getting so frustrated with sliders, im playing as the Browns, now I have never been great at the game, but never this bad. Last years version I took the SAINTS to the Superbowl, so far this year, Ive played an entire season with the Browns, tweaking sliders, and started a new season and Ive played a total of 22 games, and won NONE!!!! I just cant find a good slider setting, I know I cant suck that bad, geesh. Last night I had a close game against the Bengals, and then I exited out by accident without saving the franchise or settings, very very very frustrating.

I would appreciate it if someone (an average player) with a not so good team give these a try and let me know what to do with them, I dont know which way to turn. I may just give another shot to the sliders that are being posted here. Anyways here they are, and I am in no way saying they are worthwhile, they are getting close for me, but I dont know what to do with them anymore, I havent had a chance to try them too much since I updated them today at work. Any feedback is appreciated,
Starting with All Pro, From Far LEFT

Human/Computer
Blocking 40/38
Passing 25/20
Running 40/35
Catching 20/20
Coverage 22/15
Pursuit 23/5
Tackling 17/15
Kicking 20/20
Fatigue 9/9
Injury 20
Fumble 21
Int 13

I will give these a try and see if they are any good. I'm basically an average player right now.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:52 PM   #643
Pro

OVR: 4

In guess I am really good player... I have won 8 in a row using various sliders and I am feeling the CPU offense is not a threat. When gaming I don't mind losing half the time because it is then a challenge. I just spanked the Vikes in Minnesota 37-7 with the Colts using Bill Harris sliders. I am now going to plug in HeelFan's sliders and pray for the best! I am hoping the CPU can run and pass effectively...
Old 07-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #644
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't know what's going on but I just beat the Packers 58-10 and my sliders were as follows...

Human Passing at 0
Human Running at 5
Human Catching at 0

CPU Coverage was all the way up...I had over 450 passing yards...

I was the Bears, so its not like I was supposed to win or anything...
Old 07-28-2004, 02:54 PM   #645
Rookie

OVR: 4

goodybucs the most challenging sliders to a pont of frusteration are bruins sliders! but because u are expirienced those could be perfect for ya!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 03:03 PM   #646
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

My main problem is that my offense is too good...and this is the first year that I've played ESPN, so I don't think I'm that great or anything. But scoring 58 points on the Packers (with the Bears) with my passing and catching as low as it could go and CPU coverage all the way up...I don't know what else to do.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:24 PM   #647
MVP

OVR: 17

Seems odd that out of the 4 main slider settings we have from people (heelfan, bruin, bill, ronnie, and Dan), that there is a wide range of settings.. 16-40 for blocking, 0-27 for coverage, etc.....

This is like trying to solve the Rubick's cube for christ's sake

As far as the Bears and PAckers go Gagnon, I dont know how the hell you were able to put up that many points.. I played with the Bears 3x against the Packers and was only able to score a maximum of 21 pts... what quarter length were you using?
Old 07-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #648
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is on a legend-esque level of difficulty? Wow, my first year too and I'm only just starting to squeak out wins on all pro default (w/ assisted CPU running and blocking.)

Quote:

Gagnon39 said:
My main problem is that my offense is too good...and this is the first year that I've played ESPN, so I don't think I'm that great or anything. But scoring 58 points on the Packers (with the Bears) with my passing and catching as low as it could go and CPU coverage all the way up...I don't know what else to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »