Home

Team Sliders for Default Rosters

This is a discussion on Team Sliders for Default Rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2004, 07:52 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Team Sliders for Default Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
well, when you avg out the defense's speed you get a 59...so i thought 2 might do the trick
well if you really want to be true to the sliders. 59 does = 0 clicks on the scale. You really dont get a click on any slider till the avg score is at least 60

Tim
Old 08-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #18
Rookie

Well I see I have made a mistake. I had said that when you do the sliders that you get your avg. then -60. Well I was wrong. since no rating scores higher then a 99. You really need to -59 from your avg. See chart. I am very sorry for this small mess up. I was under the thought that the highest rating score in the game was 100.

Slider chart

Avg. score --- How many clicks on the slider

59 --- 0
60 --- 1
61 --- 2
62 --- 3
63 --- 4
64 --- 5
65 --- 6
66 --- 7
67 --- 8
68 --- 9
69 --- 10
70 --- 11
71 --- 12
72 --- 13
73 --- 14
74 --- 15
75 --- 16
76 --- 17
77 --- 18
78 --- 19
79 --- 20
80 --- 21
81 --- 22
82 --- 23
83 --- 24
84 --- 25
85 --- 26
86 --- 27
87 --- 28
88 --- 29
89 --- 30
90 --- 31
91 --- 32
92 --- 33
93 --- 34
94 --- 35
95 --- 36
96 --- 37
97 --- 38
98 --- 39
99 --- 40

So as you can see the numbers and clicks now much up right. You should right this little chart down it will make life alittle easier in the end.

Tim
Old 08-26-2004, 08:37 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrynceKee
I'm sorry but can someone please explain to me what are the team sliders and what they do along with were to put them in at? Thanx...
I have admended this alittle bit from what Jordan, dan and couple other people have test and proven to be best. I want to thank everyone for there hard work and willingness to try this out and show that there is more then one way to enjoy this great game.

The idea behind this type of slider adjustment was developed by a few people but primarily PurplepowerNC of Maddenmania. This is what we use for NCAA and Madden and it does not require extensive slider research. It really helps to accentuate the differences in the aspects of your team. I had my own Slider technique like this but it is more complicated and will really only work for EA games so I adopted his and adapted it to fit NFL 2k3. Now I use the same technique for all of my sports games.

This was posted July 3, 2003 by supersigma2of21

Here is the basic formula.

I use custum as the Starting Point. Choose the one you want because in the end it does not matter.

Take you avg score from the players ratings for the slider you are doing then -59 from that score and bingo you have you slider number. Remember that they go left to right, 0 - 40. See chart below.

Slider chart

Avg. score --- How many clicks on the slider

59 --- 0
60 --- 1
61 --- 2
62 --- 3
63 --- 4
64 --- 5
65 --- 6
66 --- 7
67 --- 8
68 --- 9
69 --- 10
70 --- 11
71 --- 12
72 --- 13
73 --- 14
74 --- 15
75 --- 16
76 --- 17
77 --- 18
78 --- 19
79 --- 20
80 --- 21
81 --- 22
82 --- 23
83 --- 24
84 --- 25
85 --- 26
86 --- 27
87 --- 28
88 --- 29
89 --- 30
90 --- 31
91 --- 32
92 --- 33
93 --- 34
94 --- 35
95 --- 36
96 --- 37
97 --- 38
98 --- 39
99 --- 40

Use these to set the sliders based on the team you are using. This works in both coach and head to head. But I mostly play in coach mode myself, and head to head my need a little tweaking to make more even. Lets face it humans are still smarter then CPUs.

Blocking-Take the average of the Pass and Run Blocking of each of your 5 starting offencive lineman, fullback, and tightend to get a BLOCKING Number and adjust accordingly.

Passing-Take Pass Accuracy of your starting QB to get a PASSING Number and adjust accordingly.

Running-Take Overall rating of your starting HB to Get a RUNNING Number and adjust accordingly. Or you can take the avg of both the starting HB and FB overall rating to get a running number. Or last you can take the overall rating of the starting FB if he is your main rusher. Any of these will work out well.

Catching-Take the average of the Catch rating of your top 3 WRs and starting TE and get a CATCH number and adjust accordingly.

Coverage-Take the average of the coverage rating of your starting LBs, CBs, and Safeties. Get your COVERAGE Number and adjust accordingly.

Pursuit-Take the average of the speed rating of your starting LB and DB to get your PURSUIT Number and adjust accordingly. Or just put the pursuit at 10 clicks.

Tackling-Take the average of the Tackle rating of all 11 of your defensive starters and get your Tackling Number and adjust accordingly.

Kicking and Fatigue is up to you. But I leave kicking at 40 fatigue at 20 and subs in 95%, subs out 85%, and this is by far the best settings for this set up.

Now if you are playing in exabiton mode well, then you just set the sliders for the game for both you and the cpu, then play. But in fanchise mode you will adjust at the beginning of the season and that is the last time you will touch the sliders, barring injurys to any player. Now if your team gets an injury to any player. Then you need to adjust the slider or sliders that that player affects. You will also need to adjust the sliders at the end of the season. This is because of lossing some player and getting new ones from the draft and free agententcy. Now that is just your team in frachise mode.

Now of couse you have to do this for the cpu team too, to be true to the system. Just go into weekly prep and get there numbers. Once you do it this once or twice you will be an old pro at it. You will need to do this before every game. The cpu get injurys just like you do and you need to adjust there sliders to show that. Yes it sounds like alot of work but it really is not. 5 to 10 minutes tops to do this once you know what you are doing.

We have also come to the conclusion the EQ must be off the the sliders to really show there true affect on each team. So no EQ

Let me know what you think. Any and all Ideas are welcome.

Jordan and Dan if you have anything to add or if I miss something. Please pipe in.

Lastly, if you are looking for the perfect stats for every game or have them fall within a small range. The gameplay to be just as it is sunday afternoon in the nfl. These sliders are not for you. This was done because some of us realize that the game itself has limitions. That football has veriaty of game types every Sunday for real and will in this game. That the stats fall into a range that is far wider then what we really think they are. And that over time they will work themselves out. That in the end the gameplay and stats dont need to be perfect. These sliders are for you if, you can accept that the game is what it is all the way around. That the stats and gameplay, though would be nice, are not perfect.

Tim

PS I Timathie am the one who brought this idea to the borad. These are not Jordans or Dans ideas. Nor are they mine. Even so, all have giving greatly to the project with work and new ideas to add. Plus not to say alot of testing to make sure that this idea even worked to begain with. So please if you are going to post a reference or going to credit someone for this project. Please let it be to everyone who works on it by calling it the TEAM SLIDER PROJECT. This is so no one is left out or has any hurt feelings.

Thank you

Last edited by Timathie; 08-26-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Team Sliders for Default Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman
Ok.cool,just thought it might be a typo,they really suck huh,lol
No they don't, just their secondary!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:56 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
well, when you avg out the defense's speed you get a 59...so i thought 2 might do the trick

Jordan, Coverage or speed???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan75
Jordan, Coverage or speed???
Coverage

Tim
Old 08-26-2004, 10:43 AM   #23
Pro

Takings Dan's Spreadsheet idea, I modified Jordan's post into a spreadsheet.

I left Dan's Penalty sliders in, as they hadn't been discussed yet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EspnDefaultTeamSliders.zip (3.4 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan75
Takings Dan's Spreadsheet idea, I modified Jordan's post into a spreadsheet.

I left Dan's Penalty sliders in, as they hadn't been discussed yet.
I have all pen. on 40, but clipping on 0. Works for me but I think this is a real personal thing here.

Tim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »