Home

Pursuit and Fatigue Sliders

This is a discussion on Pursuit and Fatigue Sliders within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Arrow Pursuit and Fatigue Sliders

I have read so much about these 2 sliders, I want to know what's everyone's opinion on them. First the CPU, for some reason if I play with it under 25 (I put it @ 20 for an exhibition game) and my Bears killed the Rams 76-10. Yes 76-10 w/5 min quarters. Lets just say no fun. My speedy receiver, you know Marty booker, had 263 yards receiving as I dusted the CPU pass after pass. Maybe this game was just an anomaly. But ever since I put CPU pursuit on 25, I really have to be open and ahead by a few yards to break away. I cannot play w/pursuit under 25 for the CPU. Also the running game is a challenge(especially on outside runs) and when I tried other people suggestions of pursuit around 10 or lower I was just dusting the CPU. Now my tradeoff of course is I will NEVER have a punt return or kickoff for a TD. I can deal w/the tradeoff though. For me I keep my pursuit at 5(or 4) and this allow the CPU the occasional big play which they need and allows them to get some good running yards. Even with pursuit at 5 I had my best defensive player(Mike Brown on this game is insane) chase down Terrell Owens and Moss ( well he tackled Moss at the 1). If my pursuit is higher than that, the CPU big plays almost disappear. All these factors also coincide w/tackling,blocking,coverage and running sliders but when I change pursuit, it makes the most difference.

Now lets talk about fatigue. I played w/it at 20(once again I was unstoppable), then 5(my back must have fumble 2-3 times a game and my run was stuffed and my recievers forgot how to catch - I know fatigue is the reason), so I put mine at 10 and it seems to be perfect. But I may lower if I continue to win. I put the CPU at 15 just because they need to have every advantage they can get. But if I continue to win games(although 90% of them are close) I may put their fatigue at 20 as when fatigue goes up so does offensive/defensive power.

Basically, theses 2 sliders seem to make a huge difference in my games and I want to know how these 2 sliders affect your games. Here are mine:

SUB IN/OUT 90/80

HUMAN / CPU
Blocking 15/40
Passing 0/40
Running 15/40
Catching 15/40 (may change to 20/40)
Coverage 5/40 (may change to 4/40)
Pursuit 5/25 ( I do miss big plays, leaning toward keeping @ 25, but you never know)
Tackling 0/25 (may change to 0/20)
Kicking 10/30
Fatigue 10/15 (may change to 5/10 or 10/20)
Injury 20
Fumbles 25
Int 0

I am amlost done with changing my sliders a few more games and I may have it.

I must give props to billharris44 for giving me my starting point. I have tweaked mine from there as his were a little too easy for me. PEACE!

Last edited by bizcanos; 08-27-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2004, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Pursuit and Fatigue Sliders

i have mine at 60/85 and fat at 4. it works ell. people get subbed not to cheap.
peace
Old 08-27-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

With those fatigue settings so high no one is really getting fatigue and play up to optimum efficientcy never really substituting linemen, D linemen or any other position to get match ups or mis-matches, no ones getting fatigue and thats due IMO to no substitutions to create what I've mentioned above.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-28-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

Arrow Re: Pursuit and Fatigue Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
With those fatigue settings so high no one is really getting fatigue and play up to optimum efficientcy never really substituting linemen, D linemen or any other position to get match ups or mis-matches, no ones getting fatigue and thats due IMO to no substitutions to create what I've mentioned above.

Holla Back ya'll
I changed human fatigue to 5 and CPU to 10. I have my SUB IN/OUT at 70/90 and I am getting some good subs and it makes for a better game. I will always keep the CPU higher than mine because it needs all the help it can get with its starters alone. PEACE!
Old 08-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcanos
I changed human fatigue to 5 and CPU to 10. I have my SUB IN/OUT at 70/90 and I am getting some good subs and it makes for a better game. I will always keep the CPU higher than mine because it needs all the help it can get with its starters alone. PEACE!
Actually the CPU and User should always sub the same for a fair game, they're not any better then their oposition when it comes to that so they should be the same for all players as far as fatigue is concerned.

Fatigue is universal for all players and should tired the same. I use 4 myself and most guys do also or at least keep themselves on an equal and fair playing field by not giving an advantage to either side.

All players tire and fatigue there should be no exceptions.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2004, 05:29 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Actually the CPU and User should always sub the same for a fair game, they're not any better then their oposition when it comes to that so they should be the same for all players as far as fatigue is concerned.

Fatigue is universal for all players and should tired the same. I use 4 myself and most guys do also or at least keep themselves on an equal and fair playing field by not giving an advantage to either side.

All players tire and fatigue there should be no exceptions.

Holla Back ya'll
I see where you are coming from but when I put the CPU on equal ground, I killed them. Not trying to say I am good, but whenever I had pursuit or fatigue the same the games just were not the same. But I am just speaking for myself, I am sure many people play this way, but for me it's just too easy. I have some sliders which give the CPU a good advantage and that's the only way I get a good challenge.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Hey bro I'm not quite feelin' you on this one and can't see how tiring out the CPU is fair, your backs stay "healthy" and "fresh" while the CPU backs are "dog tired" and get trashed by your "D" is just not adding up to fair play to me, but if thats your style of play and it works for you then cool so be it.

So if you play my "4" to your higher settings and I "tire quicker" and "fatigue faster" needing to "sub more" because my players don't have an advantage then thats fair?

OK then I guess I'd lose most games because my players are subject to being bad due to the fact they are just to tired and fatigued to compete on a fair playing field.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Hey bro I'm not quite feelin' you on this one and can't see how tiring out the CPU is fair, your backs stay "healthy" and "fresh" while the CPU backs are "dog tired" and get trashed by your "D" is just not adding up to fair play to me, but if thats your style of play and it works for you then cool so be it.

So if you play my "4" to your higher settings and I "tire quicker" and "fatigue faster" needing to "sub more" because my players don't have an advantage then thats fair?

OK then I guess I'd lose most games because my players are subject to being bad due to the fact they are just to tired and fatigued to compete on a fair playing field.

Holla Back ya'll
Maybe I am confused here. If so, then please correct me on this. But when I had Human fatigue at 4 and CPU at 4, I killed them. Both sides were affected, but it seemed to have more of an affect on the CPU. With both at 4, the game was just not that fun. So I thought I would give the CPU an advantage by increasing their fatigue. This is how I have been playing the last few games and they have been a blast:

Human / CPU
Fatigue 10 / 20

Last 5 games
BEARS 14 JETS 45 - I GOT KILLED
BEARS 25 REDSKINS 22 - I KICKED A FG AS TIME EXPIRED
BEARS 34 LIONS 31 - THEY LED 31-20 @ HALFTIME, BUT I SHUT THEM DOWN IN THE 2ND HALF
BEARS 45 VIKINGS 35 - THEY OUTSCORED ME 21-7 IN THE 4TH, GOOD THING TIME EXPIRED
BEARS 14 PACKERS 28 - MAN GREEN RAN ALL OVER ME FOR 178 YARDS

I just was not getting these types of games with 4/4 for fatigue.
I thought with me having the lower fatigue I would be at the disadvantage. But if I am wrong please let me know. PEACE!

Last edited by bizcanos; 08-30-2004 at 08:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »